Honda Manual Trans Fluid

I had an 06 Civic and recall it was very easy to change the fluid. I do remember it shifting very nice after changing it at approximately 50,000 miles. The job was very easy and I used some sort of Pennzoil MTF but cannot remember the exact formula. I would just buy a couple quarts from a local Honda dealer and call it good if you have any doubts. You can trust Honda to have the correct fluid for your vehicle.

I was going to make a thread about my 06 Honda civic 1.8L manual . I was debate between Honda MTF from Honda dealer or going with amsoils . Any one know how much the Honda mtf from Honda dealer cost ?

I was going to make a thread about my 06 Honda civic 1.8L manual . I was debate between Honda MTF from Honda dealer or going with amsoils . Any one know how much the Honda mtf from Honda dealer cost ?
The last time I bought it at the dealership it was about $7 a quart. That was over a year ago however. FWIW I am happy with the performance.

Here we go!
Filled from the top. When it spilled out, lowered so it would be level to drip some more, then I jacked up to close the fill hole.
Ignore the oily mess under there because Fluid Film. Other pic, old fluid and new comparison.
Couple notes, no magnetic drain plug?! I wanted to see, or look for chips.
The old fluid was a bit dark for a sealed unit.
Shifts exactly the same.

It has 58K miles in it and supposedly the mm comes on for a trans service at 60K.

IMG_20221021_161915229.jpg
IMG_20221025_105035136_HDR.jpg

Back