Honda Maintenance Minder - Tire Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling 'new' Honda owners...

Have any of your Maintenance Minders called for a tire rotation yet? How many miles?

I have 5700 miles on my 2006 Civic, with probably 25% oil life left on the MM (it's said 30% for awhile) and I'm trying to anticipate whether I'll need to rotate when the light comes on.

Thanks;

You will. From past experience, if it has been > 5000 miles since the last service, you will almost definitely be given the request for a tire rotation.

Thanks Critic! I'm moving this summer and need to make sure that my auto maintenance activities are properly planned
smile.gif

I got an '06 Accord a month ago with Maintenance Minder. I don't know a lot of details yet, but I recall that the manual said that it will sync tire rotation to the next oil change reminder. In other words, it will delay the tire rotation reminder a bit so that it can notify you to have the tires rotated and oil changed at the same time. I think that this strategy avoids numerous separate maintenance reminders over a relatively short period of time, in favor of collecting and batching several maintenance items together. I will be interested in your further comments about this new system as time progresses.

Best Wishes as you Motor Along!

The Honda MM utilizes a gyroscope to measure yaw/seconds/mile/hour. It also has a pavement roughness meter which helps the computer determine how abrasive the conditions are at a given yaw/second/mile/hour. Temperature sensors and suspension weighting sensors further estimate tire wear for your particular driving habits. Put it all together, and it makes a very good estimate of when it is best to rotate the tires. Please pay attention if it tells you to only move two tires, or even three of the tires, leaving one in it's original position. If you are still reading this with any serious intent, you MUST get your noggin' examined.
gr_eek2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Titan:
The Honda MM utilizes a gyroscope to measure yaw/seconds/mile/hour. It also has a pavement roughness meter which helps the computer determine how abrasive the conditions are at a given yaw/second/mile/hour. Temperature sensors and suspension weighting sensors further estimate tire wear for your particular driving habits. Put it all together, and it makes a very good estimate of when it is best to rotate the tires. Please pay attention if it tells you to only move two tires, or even three of the tires, leaving one in it's original position. If you are still reading this with any serious intent, you MUST get your noggin' examined.
gr_eek2.gif

LOL

Clearly they're conceding a little fidelity in order to consolidate maintenance requirements. On the other hand, perhaps it makes some sense...the same factors that would extend an oil change interval - long highway trips etc - probably also impact tire wear. So you'd be rotating at 8000-10000 miles for long distance driving and 5000 or so for in town with lots of turns/stops etc.

Fortunately, on a sedan tire wear is not as critical an issue as it would be on my CR-V with all wheel drive. The CR-V calls for rotation every 10,000 miles but I plan to do it at 7500 to avoid any problems!

Ha, I wonder if my friend's CRV has it...he left about 15,000 miles of rubber on the pavement this weekend... its actually his grandmas... Imagine a CRV with the Chrome steelies and a handicap plate peeling out at every single stop light (and then imagine me racing him and him losing but still...)

quote:

Originally posted by JeepZJ4.0:
Ha, I wonder if my friend's CRV has it...he left about 15,000 miles of rubber on the pavement this weekend... its actually his grandmas... Imagine a CRV with the Chrome steelies and a handicap plate peeling out at every single stop light (and then imagine me racing him and him losing but still...)

No, the CRV's still have the standard mileage/time maintenance schedule.

Going 'Fast & Furious' in a CRV - LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back