Honda like Holden (and maybe Nissan)-- Goodbye Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the option of Honda appointing a distributor and slashing the number of dealerships. I think the brand can make a profit but not in the way it operates now.
I think you'll still see Honda cars for sale down under.

Honda will still be in Australia. They are trimming dealerships.

I believe most of their vehicles come from Thailand. The CRV is assembled there.

Honestly I never knew Honda had a presence in Aussie land
I thought Australia just imported all the leftover used ex-Japanese rejects with 8000 miles?

What brands actually exist there.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Honestly I never knew Honda had a presence in Aussie land
I thought Australia just imported all the leftover used ex-Japanese rejects with 8000 miles?

What brands actually exist there.

Pretty much all the majors. The Japanese brands are well represented. Korean, European and I believe a couple of the Chinese brands as well.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
I can't stand that guy's video's.

I find him more annoying than Scotty Kilmer!

I don't remember what I was looking for a video of one day but I swear I found this guy's video about whatever subject it was and he just blathered on for several minutes and didn't remotely start getting to the point, I swear he just likes to here himself speak.

Like him, hate Scotty. Wonder if he has a conflict of interest because he helps people buy cars--"Gimme a good cut or I'll give you a bad review." Do newer Hondas really suck? Where are the Aussies on this thread?

Honda is like US Mitsubishi, a non entity in the South Pacific. In the NZ top 10 brands for monthly sales, they are not even on the list....it's that bad. Our market is 50% used Japanese Imports, and Honda are not popular there either.

I think JC is hilarious. Scotty is a bit rough to watch, but to each their own.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
I can't stand that guy's video's.

I find him more annoying than Scotty Kilmer!

If you watch the video, sounds like he wants Honda to do well, but Honda has made some decisions that make it uncompetitive in Australia.

Kia sells 4x as many people movers (minivans to us in NA) as Honda, while charging (AUS)$16k more than Honda per unit.

Seems like Mazda, Kia, Hyundai, and Toyota seem to do well in Australia, Ford, GM, and Honda, not so much.

Heck, I suspect even Jeep sells more than Honda in Australia.

Originally Posted by ammolab
Originally Posted by Bjornviken
Honda Uk and Turkey is closing too

The UK?...they have a big factory there.

Yepp, in 2021

Meh, like Silk said, Honda cars are pretty much a "nothing" in Oz. We have a lot of brands fighting for market share here - more than the US for example - and if your product isn't competetive, you'll sink.

When Honda's were popular, people used to laugh at Hyundai and Kia, Hyundai/Kia have really turned things around, and Honda have gone nowhere. Daewoo were turning out some good stuff too....but it got a Holden badge slapped on, so no one knew what they really were. Maybe Daewoo will become a brand of it's own now ? With a few exceptions, Honda motorcycles have always been boring....to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back