Honda humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

That is hilarious!
cheers.gif
I drive a 2.4L Honda. I do NOT think it's fast. Will not try and make it look fast. Will not add stupid things to it and make it something it's NOT! Honda/Toyota/Mitsubishi/Subaru's are the HotRods of today. My dad grew up with Dodge Chargers, Camaro's, Mustangs etc. Kids today are growing up with little ricers....and they are not fast at all. WRX is fast though.

that is the true spirit of hot rodding... taking a car that isn't fast and making it that way... take the original hotrod the T-bucket. a Model T is by no means fast (my extended family has 3 of them). now you drop in a 65HP flathead, and you've got a fast car for it's day. I'm still trying to prod my uncle into letting me take one of his Model T truck frames and his flathead ford and making a t-bucket.

-Bret

quote:

Originally posted by Bret Chase:
that is the true spirit of hot rodding... taking a car that isn't fast and making it that way... take the original hotrod the T-bucket. a Model T is by no means fast (my extended family has 3 of them). now you drop in a 65HP flathead, and you've got a fast car for it's day. I'm still trying to prod my uncle into letting me take one of his Model T truck frames and his flathead ford and making a t-bucket.

-Bret

3 Model T'S? Do they all run?

The older Honda Civics with their D16Z engines can be fast. VTEC is wonderful but the newer ones have to be emission friendly as well, hence the LEV ones. We joked that LEV stands for "low end VTEC".
grin.gif
Of course the SIR equipped with the B16 is a gem. Now that is a really fast Civic.

As for Toyotas, they can't be fast except for those older ones with 4AGE engine. Beautifully engineered engines.

MMC makes the Evolution speed demon! Subaru as mentioned makes the mean Impreza WRX.

Amazingly that all these cars are 4 cylinder engines with so much power. Of special mention is the new Evolution. 400+ horsepower from a 2.0L powerplant!

quote:

Originally posted by 55:

quote:

Originally posted by Bret Chase:

-Bret

3 Model T'S? Do they all run?

two of them are driven every summer, the third has been in my uncle's garage, but hasn't been started in years. I was just counting the running/intact ones. between my uncle and grandfather, they've probably got 15 frames, 20 motors, and the list goes on and on.

quote:

Originally posted by genie47:

As for Toyotas, they can't be fast except for those older ones with 4AGE engine. Beautifully engineered engines.

the Mr2's and Celica GT4's w/ the 3SGTE engine were far faster than the MR2's and Corolla GTS's with the 4AGE. 200HP/200TQ vs 112HP/90TQ.

and let's not forget the frighteningly fast 2JGZE in the later Supra's... 330HP, IIRC

I do miss my '87 MR2... **** rust.

-Bret

Ooops! Forgot about the 3S engines. In Indonesia, there is this crazy guy who transplanted one of these into a sub-800kg Starlet chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back