Honda HR-V 72k mi, 4.4k mi OCI, Total Quartz INEO Long Life 0W-20

UOA is in kilometers not miles. It also says direct injection but the R18 in the HRV is port injection.

The maintenance minder showed 50% of the oil life remaining but I changed it after seeing the oil level over the maximum on the dipstick.

This car does a ton of short tripping so I'm going to stick to 5k mile OCIs from here on out.

IMG_3594.jpg

Last edited:
I know that this car does a whole lot of short trips, but does it also get warmed up to a decent extent every morning? That can help with fuel dilution.
As for other measures, have you considered switching towards a thicker oil to compensate for the excessive fuel dilution?

I thought letting it warm up every morning would lead to more fuel dilution because the temperatures are under 0C / 32F.

Instead, the block heater gets plugged in every night.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a thinner oil was ideal when the car doesn't reach operating temperatures.

I've done OCI's of close to 10k mi on this car and figured the oil could handle the dilution.

It seems like other UOA's with the same engine have better wear numbers so maybe my approach isn't the best.

Back