Honda folks: Maintenance Minder OCI lenghts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rszappa1
On my 07 Accord I always change oil and filter every 5,000. Normally the oil life is either 40 or 50%

My 08 CRV about the same, 50% left at 5K miles. I have been changing at that point (now at 26K miles). Using PP or M1 with a Purolator Pure One filter. It looks clean at 5k and I will now increase that to 6k intervals. Car is driven about 80-20 local to highway ratio.

2010 Pilot new in October, now with 8,800 and 15% left, that's through winter here in WI. I plan on doing sale priced 5-20 dino and taking the meter down to zero before planning a OCI.

I drive, in mostly heavy traffic (highway) 17 mi each way to work, some country and some stop-n-go on the way home usually 55-65mph, also 4 or so trips to upstate NY (1000 mi round trip-mostly highway 65+mph)some mixed driving on weekends. About 18-20k per year on avarage

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
2010 Pilot new in October, now with 8,800 and 15% left, that's through winter here in WI. I plan on doing sale priced 5-20 dino and taking the meter down to zero before planning a OCI.

On the factory fill???? IMO that is insane, but to each his own I guess.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Originally Posted By: dblshock

On the factory fill???? IMO that is insane, but to each his own I guess.

Hes doing exactly right. I had a lengthy Q & A with the Honda service guy, and you need the FF in there for 7500 miles +. Taking advantage of break in additives.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Friend's 2009 Fit takes about 11k to get to 15% oil life remaining.

With dino !!! And some here do 5-6k miles OCI with synthetic !!!

Also, they recommend change oil filter only on second oil change.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Friend's 2009 Fit takes about 11k to get to 15% oil life remaining.

With dino !!! And some here do 5-6k miles OCI with synthetic !!!

Also, they recommend change oil filter only on second oil change.

And I'd say 50% of any interval, if not more, consists of trips under 10 miles.

My mother's 2009 Fit went 10k miles and the OLM still read 20%. I posted the UOA a few months ago and it was excellent.

She's now about 3k into the second fill and the OLM is at 80%, so it's going about the same pace as the first time.

i went 2750 miles on FF and then changed to M1 0-30... i couldnt go more than 3k on FF, but that is just me

My Acura TSX Maintenance Minder is giving 5.5 - 6.5K at about 5% left. I am getting ready to change the oil again. It went 6100 miles with 5-10% remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back