Honda Fit Motocraft Semi Syn 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my last report. 9500 OCI
Bet you folks have not seen many with this kind of OCI miles on a cheaper oil like this and still have decent TBN
blush.gif

Motorcraft 5W-20 Semi Syn
Car is aggressive Hypemiller driven with lost of those miles coasting with eng off. P&G + FAS

All looks good (to me) but the Sodium. No loss of coolant so I have no clue as to the source
2008fit9500oci3rdoilcha.jpg

Last edited:
I( would call blackstone and confirm that the sodium is not a mistake. I have seen them write the wrong number from the test results to the final results.

I would not go 10,000 miles until you confirm the sodium is not antifreeze.

Good results, but MC doesn't use Sodium as an add.

What oil was used previously..ie JUST before this one?

This was my 3rd change. My last one I skipped the test, but it was Wallmart Super Tech 5W-20. I agree on the oil comment that's why I will not even spring for the UPS to get a free VOA. I had just cycled my wifes Toyota with MC Semi 5W-20. Same oil same lot and Sodium was 8.
I'm just going to keep an eye on the coolant for the next few months. This could be a real eng issue that Honda will have to deal with.

Did you folks see the Moly was still high? Honda uses that on the Piston skirt and it really adds to the oil. The factory fill oil I did test when dumped at 4,700 had Moly of 475. Sodium was 10.

I plan to use the MM this cycle and I;m sure it will come in at way less miles. With gas at $2 I have stopped the advanced Hypermilling. It's a lot of work on the Interstate P&G _ FAS and hard to stay out of the way of everyone in a BIG HURRY. I limit Hi Speed to 55mph and I see 43 to 46mpg tanks now.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Great wear numbers for the length of oci. Regarding sodium, do what other suggested (keeping an eye on coolant) and contact blackstone to double check.

I'm not sure how much sodium you can get by living near the ocean, if any. Google maps tells me you live right next to it though
21.gif

Originally Posted By: quick_16
This was my 3rd change. My last one I skipped the test, but it was Wallmart Super Tech 5W-20. I agree on the oil comment that's why I will not even spring for the UPS to get a free VOA. I had just cycled my wifes Toyota with MC Semi 5W-20. Same oil same lot and Sodium was 8.
I'm just going to keep an eye on the coolant for the next few months. This could be a real eng issue that Honda will have to deal with.

Did you folks see the Moly was still high? Honda uses that on the Piston skirt and it really adds to the oil. The factory fill oil I did test when dumped at 4,700 had Moly of 475. Sodium was 10.

I plan to use the MM this cycle and I;m sure it will come in at way less miles. With gas at $2 I have stopped the advanced Hypermilling. It's a lot of work on the Interstate P&G _ FAS and hard to stay out of the way of everyone in a BIG HURRY. I limit Hi Speed to 55mph and I see 43 to 46mpg tanks now.
Thanks for the input.

43 to 46 mpg with aggressive hypermiling? is this a manual trans or auto? also, what kind of mpg do u think u would get without turning off the car and just coasting in neutral instead? i might get this car. this or the yaris. thanks

Originally Posted By: MBCLK
43 to 46 mpg with aggressive hypermiling? is this a manual trans or auto? also, what kind of mpg do u think u would get without turning off the car and just coasting in neutral instead? i might get this car. this or the yaris. thanks

That's 43 to 46 Without aggressive hypermilling but I-95 limited to 55 w/ CC.

yes stock 5 speed, stock tires at 60psi
I added a switch to kill the fuel pump so the FAS was not using the Key.
No other modifications at all
Take a look at this.

Car new Feb 2008
Just learning and using till Aug with mid 40mpg avg but no P&G + FAS
Sept till this month
Added advanced methods including P&G + FAs to get to 55 to 60mpg/ tank

For the last month, I'm taking a break from the I-95 P&G w/ FAS it's a lot of extra work to get that extra 10 to 15mpg. Also tired of dealing with idiots that can't pass me even though I'm in the extreme right lane on a 4 lane (each way) Interstate and no slower than posted min of 40 at the end of the pulse to 55. Now with 55 on CC most pass me and I do stay out of the way but it feels safer.
Last 5 fills have been 44 to 46

cha938.png

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Yeah, the ST made by XOM will most likely have Na in it....

Just searched and could not find a VOA or UOA on Super Tech oil
I used the 5W-20 and it was down in SE Fla No idea who made it.

Anyone??

Would love to see a typical report and Sodium

False economy. Your engine wear would be less with fewer start/stop cycles. Repeat after me. My car is an asset;My gas is an expense.

I don't know. There are an awful lot of hypermilers out there with a lot of miles on their engines, and they're fine. Keep in mind most of the stop-start cycles the engine sees are when it's already warmed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back