Honda fit. Honda MTF or amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone..

I was pretty much ready to use amsoil synchromesh transmission fluid 5W-30, but read there was a failure or two but never determined if it was the amsoil.

Which MTF should I use in my 07 fit?

Thanks!

Is there any difference in cost between the two?
I mean, Honda's own fluid is the correct one but, Amsoil is held in high regard here at Bob's.

Cost would be the determining factor for me. I'm sure the Amsoil would work just fine and you can never go wrong with OEM.

IF you can, try them both. When I had Hondas and Acuras with MT's, I found that Amsoil shifted better in one and RedLine shifted better in the other.

One would scrap in low gears a little more from go start. One would only last about 15K 'til it got notchy. Not talking about Honda fluid. Just the
difference I experienced between Amsoil and Redline in my older cars.

I was surprised I had to change the fluid in my Honda Fit after one year due to balky shifting. New Honda OEM Juice fixed her right up.

If I still had the car I would be looking for longer lasting fluid. I've heard some ran ND 10w30 but I wouldn't do that. Sounds Incorrect. Plus I've seen Honda trans fluid VOA on the Fit forums ( IIRC?) and it appeared additised.

I've used Amsoil's Synthetic Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid (the actual name of the product) for decades, going back to a time when Honda's manual transmission "fluid" (MTF) was, in fact, straight 5W-30 weight motor oil. IMHO, Amsoil's MTF is far superior to Honda's MTF, particularly in cold weather. (If you care to hunt around on BITOG, I've written about my experiences with both Honda's MTF and Amsoil several times over the years.)

Thanks everyone, must not have my notifications on..

I went with the honda mtf after reading about a alleged failure with the other.

But now Im throwing a P2646 code. Always somethin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back