Honda Fit Earth Dreams DI Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with design issues. However, the use of quality top tier fuels and quality synthetic oils help mitigate many of these issues.

I know a lot of people who, when driving, are afraid of pushing the gas pedal past a certain point.

These people are also the ones who would be likely to buy a car like that.

Just saying.

I also have to wonder how many people are doing these crazy long extended oil changes on these cars? I know a lot of people think you can buy a brand new car and have no idea that oil has to be changed until something goes wrong.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I know a lot of people who, when driving, are afraid of pushing the gas pedal past a certain point.

These people are also the ones who would be likely to buy a car like that.

Just saying.

The owner gives it away bragging about MPG.

Carbon build-up? I always called it granny driving.

Interesting, Honda blamed oil consumption problems on the K24 engine on sub par fuel and driving high speed on an engine not up to operating temp.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington

The owner gives it away bragging about MPG.

Carbon build-up? I always called it granny driving.

This^

Not a Honda problem as much as it is a DI problem.

Just keep the car in first gear all the time, so it will be regularly run to redline so you won't have top deal with that issue.

My wife has a 2018 Fit...I told her she is going to need to wring it out at least once or twice a week. I tried explaining that the valves can get build up and high air velocities are about the only thing we can do to slow down and or stop build up.

Its a CVT so holding high RPMS are very easy, its just pretty effing quick and quickly surpasses any speed limit in a hurry.

I plan to install a Radium Engineering catch can when I go to do the first OCI and service. It worked very well on her last car. I hope it will help slow down any build up from oil vapors.

The Honda Fit------the worst riding car in it's class.

My wife would have a "fit" if I tired putting here in to one of these pieces...

*Anecdote*
My wife has driven her T-GDi Santa Fe Sport 2.0T in ECO Mode since day one. It's never seen WOT and she drives in miserable rush our traffic - for 6 years and 110K miles. Again, zero drivability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back