Honda filter video.

Posted these pics as a response and the thread was closed so here's the entire video.any thoughts?

I'm glad you posted this as the prior response was confusing.

As noted the 15400-RTA-003 in this video is a fake. Good example of why you have to be careful with sourcing.

This fake looks remarkably similar to this:

I posted pics on a 4 yr old thread earlier and it had comments turned off saying the photos were "dubious" like i made them up . actually just tried to save from watching a long boring video. I did see another counterfeit auto parts video where the filter media or lack there of,was laying around looked similar in shape and tiny size but who really knows

Here is part 2.

Poster is obviously outside the US, Based on Currency I'm going to say Malaysia.

We know Honda sells different filters in different regions for example the Purflux one available in parts of Europe/UK. However I find all of the "Honda/HAMP" in this video suspect. I would be curious the sourcing. He seems to get them from Shopee which I don't know if reliable or not.

I thought later HAMP went blue (dark blue) and even for the Green HAMP that color does not look right, also the color of "Honda A" is off based on what we see in US for Honda.

Be interesting to walk into official Honda dealer and source same part numbers to dissect.

Last edited:
Here is part 2.

Poster is obviously outside the US, Based on Currency I'm going to say Malaysia.

We know Honda sells different filters in different regions for example the Purflux one available in parts of Europe/UK. However I find all of the "Honda/HAMP" in this video suspect. I would be curious the sourcing. He seems to get them from Shopee which I don't know if reliable or not.

I thought later HAMP went blue (dark blue) and even for the Green HAMP that color does not look right, also the color of "Honda A" is off based on what we see in US for Honda.

Be interesting to walk into official Honda dealer and source same part numbers to dissect.
Either a fake video or a video of counterfeit parts. Neither of which applies to a genuine Honda filter as was posted and discussed in that other thread. What real value does that video add to the discussion about the Honda filter?

Fwiw my thought on the topic. If one must have or prefers Honda OEM, buy them from a dealer or a 'known reputable' seller.

Otherwise just use a reputable aftermarket filter of your choice, ime there's lots of quality reliable choices. With very few exceptions, I've done the latter.

Here is part 2.

I saw part 2 as well and still thinking ***

Either a fake video or a video of counterfeit parts. Neither of which applies to a genuine Honda filter as was posted and discussed in that other thread. What real value does that video add to the discussion about the Honda filter?
I've heard that their are fake Honda filters coming from Amazon while looking i found this video so it is relevant because if their over there they can make it over here. Knowledge is power and i want to see every possible fake i can find

I've heard that their are fake Honda filters coming from Amazon while looking i found this video so it is relevant because if their over there they can make it over here. Knowledge is power and i want to see every possible fake i can find

There are definitely fakes on Amazon. I only buy from long standing sellers with spotless reputations on there.

Truly though if you're looking for Honda filters and not in significant quantity, just go to the dealer and be done with it.

Ive cut a rather significant number of Honda application filters open and posted them here, both new and used.

FWIW I have not seen any A01 or 003 in quite sometime...

I sent this video to Mahle's contact for counterfeiting. I do not know if they will be able to comment since it is undoubtably covered by an NDA between them and Honda, but hope that since the filters are marked with their brand they will be able to at least say if they appear to be genuine.

The 15400-RTA-003 is obviously fake, it doesn't even share the external characteristics of a genuine one, it appears to simply be a Fake A01 re marked partially. Unsurprisingly "Mahle Filter Systems Thailand" does not appear to even be a real entity. "MAHLE Siam Filter Systems Co., Ltd." on the other hand is. There are multiple genuine 15400-RTA-003 cut open here that were sourced from Honda dealers for anyone with any doubts about the authenticity of that particular one.

I'm more interested in the other 3 which all appear the same, but don't look like any Honda Filter I have Cut open.

As many may know HAMP is Honda AfterMarket Parts, these have previously been A01's with different branding and Assembled in USA by Roki Group. They used to be somewhat easy to get genuine form Amazon, but last I looked they had dried up along with the real A01.

It would be interesting if there is an new version that is similar to the 15400-RTA-003 and it could be sourced. That rabbit hole will have to wait until a bit later.

Good deal cant wait to hear back
I sent this video to Mahle's contact for counterfeiting. I do not know if they will be able to comment since it is undoubtably covered by an NDA between them and Honda, but hope that since the filters are marked with their brand they will be able to at least say if they appear to be genuine.

The 15400-RTA-003 is obviously fake, it doesn't even share the external characteristics of a genuine one, it appears to simply be a Fake A01 re marked partially. Unsurprisingly "Mahle Filter Systems Thailand" does not appear to even be a real entity. "MAHLE Siam Filter Systems Co., Ltd." on the other hand is. There are multiple genuine 15400-RTA-003 cut open here that were sourced from Honda dealers for anyone with any doubts about the authenticity of that particular one.

I'm more interested in the other 3 which all appear the same, but don't look like any Honda Filter I have Cut open.

As many may know HAMP is Honda AfterMarket Parts, these have previously been A01's with different branding and Assembled in USA by Roki Group. They used to be somewhat easy to get genuine form Amazon, but last I looked they had dried up along with the real A01.

It would be interesting if there is an new version that is similar to the 15400-RTA-003 and it could be sourced. That rabbit hole will have to wait until a bit later.

HMMM...

I am pretty sure I have bought from these people on Amazon, I will have to go back through my history - this is interesting though:

HondaHAMPOilFilter_4.jpg

Another thought RE the HAMP.

Hamp have traditionally had the same markings as an original Honda Filter (since thats what they are) save for the HAMP and the part number. I have never seen one marked in only the large letters like that.

The more I think about it, the more I think all 4 of those are fakes - I could be wrong though. No Reply for Mahle today...

I never got a reply from Mahle. I assume they are either unwilling or unable to make a decision based on the video. Suspect that Honda NDA precludes it. Cant really blame them but it was worth a shot.

Even though i have a Ton of Honda filters and only one Honda i take care of anymore, i might pick up two of those Hamps just to see whats up...

Anyhow...

Last edited:
I've had good responses from Mahle - original - @- mahle - . - com - I had responses from "Lea Bay" when I mailed them.

I've checked my genuine JDM 15400-RTA-003 and it looks as good as any Austrian Mahle filter.

Just surprised Mahle make a filter in Japan, but, it's a good thing.

Is there a known good source for HAMP filters? At least when I buy Honda filters from my local Honda dealer I have some belief that I'm probably getting the real thing. Buying online is fraught with trust issues.

Last edited:
Back