Honda Filter 15400-PLM-A02 Are these counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe sacrifice one and cut it open to see if the guts look authentic or not.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Maybe sacrifice one and cut it open to see if the guts look authentic or not.

Thats what I would do..

the ADBV usually have numbers / markings on them.

Again I think they are legit.

If someone is going to make fake Honda Oil filters.. they would make the A01s b/c they are worth more $ and harder to find.

I do not think they would fake the A02s

I know people who pay 15$ for the A01s

so there is a good incentive for counterfeiters to make them.

Im 99.9% sure they are Real legit A02

he can cut 1 and take pics or go to a dealer and have them look.

Originally Posted By: Helpme
Sorry guys but I cannot cut one open because the seller is allowing me to return all (10) filters for a refund.

Well I hope you buy the 15400-PLM-A01s

the ones I showed you pictures of... Im sure 100% of the members here will say the 15400-PLM-A01 is a much better made filter and is a better filter in all respects to the 15400-PLM-A02

Or if you do not want to buy online and if your near a NAPA, the NIPPON aka Ultra 8 15400-POH-305 is a great filter also and is easy to find at your local NAPA Auto Parts store.

I had a few and cut one that was new and it looked very good.

2iqipgg.jpg

5dl5pd.jpg

Out of all the filters I have cut open the pleats were the most uniformed and perfect.

12175hd.jpg

xd87l2.jpg

but if you can wait then go for the A01 on Amazon.

I cant see buying A02s via Online...

Good luck... let us know how it works out and what filter you get
smile.gif

Sorry guys but I cannot cut one open because the seller is allowing me to return all (10) filters for a refund.

Quite frankly, I think it is foolish to return the pictured A02, if you were wanting genuine Honda A02. The pic with Honda logo and Honda Genuine Parts written on seals the deal for me. I'm very confident this filter is as described, 99.9% positive. The only thing that would make it the other .1% would be a dissection. But in this case if I purchased this lot, that would be after I used one. I'm that confident.

I'd say this though, if you return them my suggestion would be not to buy any other filters off ebay because if you can't/don't trust this with the information provided here, you won't be able to trust any other.

Lucky that the seller is taking these back, but if I understand how ebay works it's likely simply because he wants to keep a 100% customer satisfaction rating.

So bottom line, if genuine Honda A02 is what you want(ed), I say use them. But....your call.

For our 2006 Ody and the old Accord I ran A01's and A02's bought online from time to time. They were all "real". None of the A02's said "Honeywell" and looked exactly the same as the pics. I think this thread is an overreaction.

what if those are all fake? and that Japanese looking script actually says "Got you sucker!" in Mandarin? How can you be sure that is NOT what it is saying??

I am only kidding!

Originally Posted By: sayjac

Quite frankly, I think it is foolish to return the pictured A02, if you were wanting genuine Honda A02. The pic with Honda logo and Honda Genuine Parts written on seals the deal for me. I'm very confident this filter is as described, 99.9% positive. The only thing that would make it the other .1% would be a dissection. But in this case if I purchased this lot, that would be after I used one. I'm that confident.

I'd say this though, if you return them my suggestion would be not to buy any other filters off ebay because if you can't/don't trust this with the information provided here, you won't be able to trust any other.

Lucky that the seller is taking these back, but if I understand how ebay works it's likely simply because he wants to keep a 100% customer satisfaction rating.

So bottom line, if genuine Honda A02 is what you want(ed), I say use them. But....your call.

I agree..

I have said it from the jump that there looked real / were real.

Also think about it.. who is going to fake a A02 ??

If someone is going to fake a Honda filter it would be the A01
reason????

B/C more people want the A01 and they will pay more $ for them.

I just dont see someone making that perfect off a A02 and it being fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back