Honda Engine Shortage

Got a message from the Honda Engine Distributor for work that there is a shortage of Honda engines that will go on until at least September. The models of GX630 and GX690 we use have none available in the Honda system. I don't know if it affects the GC series that are made in domestically. At this point we have 6 engines in stock to fulfill orders for 11 machines.

Might be onto something here. Back in April, I want to say, I bought my Honda HRN push mower, they had plenty in stock where I bought it at the time. Fast forward to the current month and there are none on the shelf, just empty space. Glad I got mine when I did...

September 2021 or September 2022?

And the product shortages keep on happening, this is new new normal.

I work in the car business. Prices declined slightly on used vehicles last month on positive supply news for new vehicles, but prices increased since then as the supply chain news worsened.

Thinking spring 2022 for start of a rebound on new car manufacturing.

September 2021 or September 2022?

And the product shortages keep on happening, this is new new normal.

I work in the car business. Prices declined slightly on used vehicles last month on positive supply news for new vehicles, but prices increased since then as the supply chain news worsened.

Thinking spring 2022 for start of a rebound on new car manufacturing.

Spring 2022?

Expect Shortages to be the new normal from now on. Difference will be that the economy is going to take a major “readjustment” soon…….

Ouch. Makes sense. The HF equiv engines are gold right now if you can find them. The 6.5 has gone up 40% can’t be bought online and stores are out of stock.

Might be good for your uses. Might not. Not sure. I’ve seen a few used in industrial applications.

Honda makes majority of the GX engines in Thailand. Or at least the smaller ones. The GC(V) series is made in the US at their Georgia small engine plant.

Update:
Honda is out of engines again, might have some in January. Called the Kohler distributor and it’s a 335 day lead time if they don’t have it in stock.
This time I have 4 engines in stock and 4 customer orders. Can’t sell any more this year.

The GX v-twin powers all types of equipment that needs 20-22 hp. Lots of mowers, generators, etc. We use them for hydraulics on Ag equipment.

Back