Honda Electric Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one of these on the freeway yesterday during slow traffic. I had no idea that Honda started producing an electric car.

[Linked Image]

Pretty nice looking car, as long as you don't look at the back of it.

One interesting simple feature is pockets on the backs of the front seats for smart phones.

Clarity, only 89 miles range, which stinks today. But the lease price is pretty good, $200/month for 36 months with $1800 cash up front. There is one good thing about a low-range EV: No pressure to have a 240V big-amp outlet installed at home, as 120v will recharge it overnight. For most people who might only commute 40 miles away or less, this is a good option. Still, Honda is lagging the Leaf and others.
My '16 Ford Focus is worse on range, 76 miles. Its useful for anything less than about 30 miles away, which is 90% of what I do anyway and charged nightly on good ole 120v, nothing expensive or fancy necessary. The '17 & '18 Focus EV gets over 100 miles, and that is really todays minimum for most people.

The Honda EV Plus was the first battery electric vehicle from a major automaker with non-lead acid batteries. Roughly 340 EV Plus models were produced and released. The EV Plus was taken out of production in 1999 when Honda announced the release of its first hybrid electric vehicle, the Honda Insight.

They made one a long time ago. The battery technology was not up to par, they scraped it. Then they made the Honda Insight, the second mass produced hybrid vehicle. First was the Prius.

Wait, the all-electric Clarity EV is only sold in CA and OR, so in TX you probably saw a Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, not the 100% electric model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back