Honda dealers are just as bad as

Costco also has a record of you buying that exact battery.
Any Joe can walk into the dealer and say "this battery came from my 3 year old car" and get free/cheaper battery (part of why we now have to scan the Vin and test the charging system in some cases)
nowhere did I see the serial number on the battery or paparwork that I have from costco. And if I missed it and that it the case, how hard for Honda (or dealership) would be implementing the same?

The Honda dealership once told me I needed new power steering fluid despite changing it no joke one day prior.

"Whoops! Sorry must have been that other Civic!".
I was told that one of my PS lines was leaking - told him no that is oil from where it drips on the PS line when I pull my oil filter off. He said no - "that guy is a mechanic he knows a leaking line" whatever dude, I will just decline the repair. Amazingly that was a year ago and the PS resevoir level has not dropped at all.......

It had nothing to do with entire car warranty. At the time I was brought to the dealer it was out of 3yr/36,000mi bumper to bumper. So the battery was not warrantied. And I had to pay for battery and installation. And if you are agreeing that i shouldn't have taken it out, what would you do? Get the 300$ tow over 1230$ battery?
You're not making any sense, in your original post you said it was under warranty. Now you say the battery isn't under warranty. So why did you even bother to bring it to the dealer if it wasn't under warranty? And I assume you meant $123 battery not a $1230 battery? The tow could be free if you had AAA plus or platinum.

You're not making any sense, in your original post you said it was under warranty. Now you say the battery isn't under warranty. So why did you even bother to bring it to the dealer if it wasn't under warranty? And I assume you meant $123 battery not a $1230 battery? The tow could be free if you had AAA plus or platinum.
Read my posts again. Original batter that came with the car failed 3.5yrs in and was replaced with a new one purchased at the dealership. THE NEW battery failed after less than 3yrs and WAS supposed to be covered by Honda's 100month warranty. Which part of this statements doesn't make sense?

A service contract AND a maintenance contract?

I wonder what good is the discount provided by the Elite Loyalty Program on a service and maintenance contract you've already paid for.
waiting to see: 'Maintenance of Service contract: $440.25.
'Service of Maintenance Contract: $255.44.
Gougefest 2022. : )

I was told that one of my PS lines was leaking - told him no that is oil from where it drips on the PS line when I pull my oil filter off. He said no - "that guy is a mechanic he knows a leaking line" whatever dude, I will just decline the repair. Amazingly that was a year ago and the PS resevoir level has not dropped at all.......

Actually that reminds me of when I brought in my Pilot in to have the high pressure power steering line replaced (a PITA). The guy insisted the pump needed a rebuild cause it was "leaking". Pump is still dry to this day.

Read my posts again. Original batter that came with the car failed 3.5yrs in and was replaced with a new one purchased at the dealership. THE NEW battery failed after less than 3yrs and WAS supposed to be covered by Honda's 100month warranty. Which part of this statements doesn't make sense?
Lesson learned .... always have the manufacturer's warranty handy to reference. ;) As you found out, even the guys at the dealerships don't always know the exact warranty terms.

Did you contact the dealership and point that out? I would, and ask for a reimbursement since they didn't handle the 2nd battery warranty correctly.

I recently had an original Honda battery failed on me in my wife's Pilot (won't charge, won't jump start), and it was less than 3yrs old. Free replacement since it's within 3yrs window, right? wrong. Took the battery out, drove my civic over there, gave the paperwork, battery and kindly asked to test it and replaced. Was greeted with a big fat no and was advised to drive back home, put the battery back in the pilot and have it towed here so they can test it in the vehicle. Good job Honda. That's the second time I'm being ripped off in the same dealership service department. Good thing I remembered about it, need to leave them a nice review.

These two stories don't seem to be the same. Post #104 is the first time this 2nd battery was mentioned.

In the first post I'm referring to the batter as ORIGINAL meaning not that it came with the car, but original Honda. Second post - original both by manufacturer and by method of delivery (with a new car). Yes, my verbiage was confusing, my bad
These two stories don't seem to be the same. Post #104 is the first time this 2nd battery was mentioned.

$799 for that program isn't bad if you keep the car for at least 5 years. An alignment is $150.
Sounds high to me. Dealer prices? My last two alignments were in the $90.00 range, non dealer and good work, including a free "touch up" when I indicated a bit of dissatisfaction.

Sounds high to me. Dealer prices? My last two alignments were in the $90.00 range, non dealer and good work, including a free "touch up" when I indicated a bit of dissatisfaction.
Local tire shops including Firestone are $110, but yes, dealer is $150-$200 Asian brands. German is usually 50% more than that number.

Local tire shops including Firestone are $110, but yes, dealer is $150-$200 Asian brands. German is usually 50% more than that number.
Do dealers have different or possibly better equipment than a good alignment shop? Specialized equipment for particular makes of cars?

If Mercedes offered alcohol drinks I'd be a little more open to what they wanted 😏
They do have heated and cooled cup holders in certain vehicles. I think they'd probably do it except that requires a liquor license and then you don't want to be basically offering a drinking and driving option.

In the first post I'm referring to the batter as ORIGINAL meaning not that it came with the car, but original Honda. Second post - original both by manufacturer and by method of delivery (with a new car). Yes, my verbiage was confusing, my bad
Makes more sense now, yes as an over-the- counter battery my dealer will usually test it/replace it without the vehicle, but still have to have a Vin # at least before our test equipment will even let us proceed

The hits just keep coming with these slimy dealers. Now a local Toyota dealer that proclaims no markups adds a $5,000 fee to every car for some Permaclean product. I been buying new cars for over 25 years and never heard of some of this stuff these dealers are pulling these days. There were always one franchise that had $1995 markup on their cars and I just never bought from them. I just drove a little farther to buy.

The hits just keep coming with these slimy dealers. Now a local Toyota dealer that proclaims no markups adds a $5,000 fee to every car for some Permaclean product. I been buying new cars for over 25 years and never heard of some of this stuff these dealers are pulling these days. There were always one franchise that had $1995 markup on their cars and I just never bought from them. I just drove a little farther to buy.
HAH, with that kind of insanity you'd be money ahead to come buy from my zero markup on any vehicle dealer, enjoy a meal at Gaido's, and have a road trip home.

Back