Honda CR-V hwy mileage LONG OCI by indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
We run our 2009 CR-V on the highway 95% of the time. Often go 13,000 miles by the Maint. Minder on Mobil 1 or other synthetic with a Fram Ultra. I do change that filter each time as 25,000+ on a filter sounds dumb. Now at 120,000 miles with only one wheel bearing replaced, no other issue.

Anyone else running these long intervals on a Honda 2.4 liter?

I used to run 10k changes on PP 5w20 with good UOA's. I ran M1 EP once and the UOA said 12k would have worked just fine. Used to be mostly highway miles.
235k, only fluids and filters so far. And the accessory belt for PM.

I run 8-10k on my Element's K24, OEM filters every other oil change. I do a lot of short distances between longer trips and the MM usually trips around 6k, but I keep running it for another few thousand miles before changing. UOAs using M1 and QSUD indicate there's life in the oil at those intervals.

Yup. Similar motor but mine has DI and a CVT. At just over 10k miles the MM says 15% and feeds me the codes. I also change the filter at every change. Since I saved by buying the oil at AZ for $2/qt, I can splurge on a $7 filter that gets changed every time.

So far I've used M1EP and PPPP and seen no difference. I've put on just over 40k averaging 2.69gal/100mi consumption(37.1mpg for you thinking backwards).

Based on how a new to me CR-V looked under the valve cover when doing a valve adjustment, the previous owner probably ran the MM out using dino oil and a jobber filter from quicky lube.

I'm glad to hear the UOAs are coming back good on syn, but there was way to much varnish and a bit of sludge to believe they were using syn, or if they were they didn't change it on time.

Anyone have K24 under valve cover photos posted here?

My Acura 2.4L gets all highway miles and will call for an oil change at 12K or so miles. I change it at 7500 miles for peace of mind, and since I have about 120 quarts of oil in the garage I need to use up.

Haven't been reading the UOA's much lately but up until about a year ago Honda's Maintenance Minder was proving to be spot on with it's OCI recommendation. Someone there knew what they were doing.

You can follow the MM without worry. But I'd still change the filter every OCI
smile.gif

Pull the valve cover and see what it looks like
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back