Honda Accord Mobil1 EP at 11,000 hard miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would have to admit that i agree with 427Z06, the Pb reduction was mostly due to air filter fix. dirt will kill an engine faster than most anything else, and with the long OCI (bravo, TR3-2001SE, for actually USING your oil instead of just pouring it through the engine) even a small amount of Si in the oil will cause elevated Pb levels. it's one of the reason OTR trucks use two stage filtering of the oil.

TR3-2001SE, hope you like this car, at this rate you will have to take it out behind the barn and put a bullet in the radiator to kill it.

I made a run using M1/EP 5/30SL awhile back and Blackstone came up with a TBN of 3.6 after the 15000 mile run I put on it. 6.2 after 11000 miles? I can see it. The EP did much better for me than the other 3 10000 mile runs I did on regular M1 which still all did great. 98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 4cyl still running with 158+++thou on it.

Quote:

the M1/15w-50 uses a more robust add pack, since it's their "racing" oil.

Additionally, the 15w50 grade, although it may be SM rated, doesn't have the additive restrictions and fuel economy requirements of the GF-4 grades. So the 5w-30 M1 EP was "doped" with a higher TBN oil with possibly less FMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back