Honda Accord Hybrid Tires

If the OE Michelins worked, why not stick with them? Personally, I’ve been meh on Bridgestone and Goodyear based on OE experiences.

Caveat emptor, Michelin does denote OE tires with DT and in many cases an OE(BMW RSC + star, GM TPC, VAG specs for Audi/Porsche, etc). So the aftermarket Energy Saver/Premier/Pilot/Primacy will not be the exact tire as OE.
Quite possibly I will. It’s just a pretty old model at this point (which worked well), so if something better is out there, I am all ears.

You can likely get the OE if you specify it.

FWIW the Escape HY has the newer Primacy and I’d rate them very very good, especially for an OE tire.

The sidewalls on my OE Honda Accord Hybrid cracked around 36K. I replaced them with the Michelin Primacy. Salesman told me they weren't wearing well, but I just changed them with over 40K, and a brave soul would have driven them another year. Excellent tire, quiet, handled well, much better in snow than the OE. I lost a little bit of MPG but very little. Just put on the Cross Climate 2. They feel different and steer differently. They are quick but don't "track" as well as the Primacy. And they flat spot overnight, but come back to round in about 3 miles. Time will tell. They ride better than the Primacy but are a little noisier. Should be much better in bad weather.

My 2015 accord hybrid has about 70k on the OE Michelin Energy Saver AS tires. The tread is over half. But it’s getting to be that time, probably when I see a sale in the fall, to get new tires based upon age.

The energy saver AS tires have done well for me. One blew out hitting a bad pothole after a snowstorm, but it was a bad enough hole to damage the wheel too. I put an OE used tire with the same amount of tread and it has been fine.

What should I run? I do have winter tires for the car but haven’t had to run them the last few years because of weather and lockdown.
Replace with the Michelin Energy Savers; Gas is expensive. Tire rack test determined that the Michelin E/S used 7% less than the GY assurance comfort tread. I run them on my Camry and like the ride quality.

Last edited:
Replace with the Michelin Energy Savers; Gas is expensive.

so are Michelin tires :D

With 6/32 left, he paid for tire he didn't use.

If Michelin is a must, get the Primacy 4, which should still give you good mpg and low rolling resistance and last long enough to not hit the wear bars in 6 years.

Can the Accord hybrid run in EV mode? If so, what is the longest you've gone on electric power alone? :unsure:

The Euro summer tires have the EU Tire Label with fuel efficiency ratings A-G (A being the best). Any A-rated tire should give mpg you find satisfactory.

And some will say that any tire that lasts that long is a piece of plastic :cautious:

And when you need winter tires, there's the TS850P ;)

Last edited:
so are Michelin tires :D

With 6/32 left, he paid for tire he didn't use.

If Michelin is a must, get the Primacy 4, which should still give you good mpg and low rolling resistance and last long enough to not hit the wear bars in 6 years.

Can the Accord hybrid run in EV mode? If so, what is the longest you've gone on electric power alone? :unsure:

The Euro summer tires have the EU Tire Label with fuel efficiency ratings A-G (A being the best). Any A-rated tire should give mpg you find satisfactory.

And some will say that any tire that lasts that long is a piece of plastic :cautious:
Well, he liked the tire and got 70,000 miles out of it. I'm just passing along info to the op to help his decision making.

A word of caution:

It is common for OE tires - tires that come on a new car from the factory - to be discontinued about 3 years after the first production dates.
Since this vehicle is an 8 year old vehicle, that likely applies here.

Good News!! It appears that Michelin continues to supply tires to subsequent vehicle platforms in the same size. That means while A tire may be available in the same make and model, it is very likely different, but probably a bit better.

Back