Honda accord and Chevron supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all BITOG forum members!

i just bought a case of chevron supreme 5w-30 so it would last me a couple of oil changes :D
55317bs.jpg

Is chevron supreme any good for say a 5,000 OCI on my 00 accord (140K miles)

ive read on here that is has good UOA
55.gif

thanks a million :D

Also anyone ever used Chevron supreme in your vehicles

Last edited:
I've used it and like it a lot, but I've never had a UOA done. The UOA forums show nice anti-wear performance in a lot of different applications.

I wouldn't worry a bit running it for 5,000 mile intervals in a '00 Accord.

Thanks for the reply tropic, ive done mostly 3000 OCI since i bought in april (car)

Got it at (129K miles) so ive been putting in castrol gtx, valvoline, and Mobil clean 5000 as of right now, on 3000 OCI's

in about a month will change the oil and put in a Napa gold filter and chevron supreme ...... from what ive read Chevron seems like a sleeper oil to me

thanks again for the input !

Last edited:
i have not used it but wish I could find it. Lot of people have used it. Is a great 5K oil. Bill in utah used it quite a bit in his corolla, little different application and he does 95% highway but it did great for him, and others.

When I first discovered BITOG back in 04, Chevron Supreme was $1.28/qt at W*M and people were fighting over it. It was a great oil for the money and showed great UOA's. Valvoline All Climate was the critisized oil back then mainly because of it's higher price(even on sale) and it's weak addative package and showed no better UOA's then W*M SuperTech which was .88c per/qt back then. Today, Valvoline is very good.

Chevron Supreme had some great UOA's and was held in very high regard here at BITOG as was Havoline, Motorcraft and others. They still are but, now the oils most talked today are synthetic Pennzoil Platinum(PP) and regular Pennzoil Yellow Bottle(PYB). Use Chevron Supreme with confidence.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
i have not used it but wish I could find it. Lot of people have used it. Is a great 5K oil. Bill in utah used it quite a bit in his corolla, little different application and he does 95% highway but it did great for him, and others.

No Costco near you?

Originally Posted By: UberxG

55317bs.jpg

55.gif

Does this oil come in 5w-20? Despite that,I know availability is next to nil down here in S/SW. IMO,this oil is a top oil for Hondas as far as breaking in your car is concerned because it has a ton of moly. Maybe more moly then Havoline. Although I am partial to Mobil 5000 and after that Mobil 7500 due to FF being XM,I would not hesitate to use this oil.I wonder if it can knock off MC as king of non break-in oil in terms of gas mileage and performance. Right now, for my Accord anyway,CP is king for Hondas(after break-in)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: 02zx9r

No Costco near you?

nope, no costco, shucks, murrays nothing like that

Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6

Does this oil come in 5w-20?

I sure hope so...
grin2.gif

Excellent oil. Even better when it was 49 cents a quart. Still a excellent oil @ 99 cents a quart.

Bill

Originally Posted By: UberxG
Hello all BITOG forum members!

i just bought a case of chevron supreme 5w-30 so it would last me a couple of oil changes :D
55317bs.jpg

55.gif

thanks a million :D

Also anyone ever used Chevron supreme in your vehicles

Used a ton of it in my Silverado 4x4 ext cab and it provided the BEST UOAs over Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Halvoline and QS.

Excellent oil and can do 5k with no worries. Esp in your Honda.

bill

06VtecV6:

Sorry if I am missing something, I am new to these forums. I have an 05 honda civic and I see that you say CP is king for hondas after breakin. What oil Does CP stand for? Again sorry if it is a stupid question, or if anyone else knows feel free to help out.

thanks for the input BITOG'ers
55.gif

i took a look at my engine through the filler cap and so no signs of sludge or deposits on the cap

it was really clean to my suprise being a used car with 140k miles

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enginert7.jpg

will post again when i do my oil change, which is soon :D

Any other's who used this oil please give feedback, thanks!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IMH0813
06VtecV6:

Sorry if I am missing something, I am new to these forums. I have an 05 honda civic and I see that you say CP is king for hondas after breakin. What oil Does CP stand for? Again sorry if it is a stupid question, or if anyone else knows feel free to help out.

I think he is saying Connoco/Philips for CP. Motorcraft, Tropartic etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back