Honda 25cc line trimmer, hours to the tank?

SR5

I have a new Honda 25cc 4-stroke line trimmer. If you have similar, how many hours do you get to a tank of fuel?

I think I get about 2 hours to a small tank, but it’s hard to tell as it’s used here and there, not continuously.

Just checking what is “normal”.
Thanks

its a very small so 2 hours sounds impressive.
I usually get an hour.. but I use my gas trimmer for heavy duty type trimming.

Reactions: SR5
Sounds more than generous - I've never used a trimmer for more than probably 45 minutes at a time, and would definitely need a break by the 2-hour mark.

Thanks, it’s just that it’s easy to count tanks, but Honda give oil change in hours.

Yeah that two hours is probably generous, as I’m often stopping to do other things as I move through the garden. My first guess was one hour per tank. It‘s probably somewhere between the two estimates but using 2 hrs will be safe and easy.

It depends on the load, in other words, how hard it is being used. I wouldn't be too concerned about the exact number of hours between oil changes. If you use it once a week, a yearly oil change will suffice. Be sure to check the oil level before each use.

I am close to an hour of hard run time on my cheapo 4 stroke troy bilt. Thats approximate and cannot recall the tank volume.

Thanks all, yeah I don’t run it that hard, and I probably only use it every second weekend. I’ll probably just give it annual oil changes. BTW fuel tank capacity = 0.55L

Honda say change the oil every 50 hours, after the first oil change at 10 hours.

Geeze, the Honda doesn’t hold much oil, 80cc. My last line trimmer was a 2-stroke Stihl, so no oil changes on that.

I’m running Valvoline PowerArmour 10W30 semi-synthetic (API SJ) which is sold for lawn equipment.

Back