Honda 0w20 Full synthetic oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get the PP then, Canadian prices for it don't get much lower than that.

Originally Posted By: Robb.
Originally Posted By: Audioquest

Partsource has Mobil 1 on sale this week. I believe it's $31.99 / 5 litre jug.

Full synthetic ?

Napa has Pennzoil platinum full synthetic for $26.99

http://www.flyertown.ca/flyers/napaautoparts-flyer?type=1&locale=en&postal_code=m6b2c1&store_code=0143#!/flyers/napaautoparts-flyer?flyer_run_id=18219

So I dropped into my local Canadian tire today and found these 5w30 full synthetics.
I think the prices are insane !!!!

An Imperial Oil distributor won't charge you over $7 for any of the Delvac 1 series or Delvac Elite. Napa Canada has PP for something like $26 a jug right now.

Originally Posted By: Audioquest

Partsource has Mobil 1 on sale this week. I believe it's $31.99 / 5 litre jug.

Full synthetic ?

Napa has Pennzoil platinum full synthetic for $26.99

http://www.flyertown.ca/flyers/napaautoparts-flyer?type=1&locale=en&postal_code=m6b2c1&store_code=0143#!/flyers/napaautoparts-flyer?flyer_run_id=18219
what does full synthetic even mean.

And mobil 1 is as "full synthetic" as oil comes. The other mobil lines may be blends but M1 isn't nor ever will be a blend.

Full synthetic. What does that even mean? An oil is either synthetic,a synthetic blend or conventional. Full synthetic
Hilarious.

There's nothing wrong with the PP you mentioned earlier on, and I brought back up. There are plenty of options out there, and it never hurts to buy by price within the specification you need and/or want. That's why I turned my nose up at the GC suggestion - price. At least Castrol 0w-40 is in the bigger jugs and goes on a better special.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
While this may be true for a relatively new car, OP's civic is from 1988 and probably has quite a bit of mileage on it.

It has 77,000 miles now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/robcrx/sets/72157639331862163/

11720075126_ac5d556e70_o.jpg

Love your car.

Just did the oil change using the Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 synthetic

At NAPA Canada's and WM Canada's current price on the product, it's time to stock up, for those that want it!

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Where did you find that Honda are after 10cst operational viscosity in their engines ?

I inferred it based on the oil recommendation being an xW-30, which is 9.30-12.49 cSt at operating temperature. Without clarification from Robb on the length of his commute or driving style, I still believe we can't discount 0W-20 as a relevant product to use here. If his commute is less than 5 miles, for instance, it could be that even 0W-16 wouldn't be down to "hot 30 grade" viscosity in his engine. Looks like he used 5W-30 which, of course, will be just fine.

I wouldn't say $25-26/jug is worth stocking up on. Usually Walmart & CanadianTire has black friday/boxing day sales on Shell made synthetics for ~$20-22 per jug. I was able to pick up some PP from local classifieds for ~$14 per jug 2 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Garak

At NAPA Canada's and WM Canada's current price on the product, it's time to stock up, for those that want it!

I wouldn't say $25-26/jug is worth stocking up on. Usually Walmart & CanadianTire has black friday/boxing day sales on Shell made synthetics for ~$20-22 per jug. I was able to pick up some PP from local classifieds for ~$14 per jug 2 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Well, sometimes it's noth worth waiting to save another $4.00.
It is still a great deal.

I have enough difficulty stomaching shopping at Walmart or Canadian Tire under ideal conditions, let alone on Black Friday or during Boxing Day sales. On Black Friday and Boxing Day, the feds and provinces should quadruple sales taxes and call it the idiot tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back