Homeless no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, for all of you on the edges of your seats as to the ongoing saga of shortyb, I now finally have my own house again. After 6 weeks of several 473 mile (one way) trips to and from my old house, living with my in-laws, and wearing clothes out of a suitcase, I closed yesterday.

A very nice couple with a young boy bought the old house. Perfect fit for the neighborhood as there are lots of kids around. Kind of reminds me of us when we moved in almost 4 years ago. Bit of irony, he is a police officer too. Neighboring dept. and we have lots of uniformed friends in common. Some of the neighbors are happy to be replacing one cop for another, but some are not (already given the new owner premise history
grin.gif
).

Anyway, nice to be back in my own place.

Congratulations! Now it's back to cutting grass, painting rooms and making upgrades!
grin.gif

Quote:

Congrats dude.
wink.gif

Tks! Offer still stands for coffee and doughnuts, you'll just have to be driving a bit farther
grin.gif

And honestly, I wouldn't know how to act if I WASN'T cutting grass, painting, or doing all the big/little projects around the house. I had to finish the lower deck on the old house prior to sale, (40'x16' 4-tier ground level) did everything by myself. It was tiring work but I was bored after I finished with nothing left to do. Oh well, not the case now.

Amazingly, when I went to all my surrounding neighbors to introduce myself, most already knew I was a former police officer. I reckon thats good, but still somewhat disturbing that they all knew before they met me. Word travels fast down here in the south. Back in NoVa, folks knew absolutely nothing about their neighbors. Sad.

Well, off the filling up my new garage with some oil
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back