Homebrewed Biodiesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red,

Right now I only process one 23 gallon batch every 2 weeks. I have medical issues which slow me down right now. But I am still collecting WVO and processing when I can.

I don't have a link to any research papers. I bought a book from Girl "Mark" Alvoret and also I attended a workshop at our local University. I also visited the Chem lab a couple times. They also had a book on how to make biodiesel. I don't have the link for the book, but can get it if you would like.

Thanks,
Tony

Well I'm now in the collecting phase, got about 75 gallons of WVO stockpiled. It appears that I will have a really easy time of collecting oil for BD use as there are very few home BD makers in my area.

Got the processor and wash tanks just about finished as well. Just waiting on a few remaining parts.

I've found that I can pick up a 50 lb bag of 99% purity sodium hydroxide for $30 Cod from a local water treatment distributor. I'm going to go this route as every thing over the counter appears to have some problems, and usually is expensive.

Any suggestions as to what I can use to remove the WVO spilled on my truck? The wand car wash doesn't seem to cut the mustard. I'm thinking that I'll try some diluted simple green as a presoak and then wash the truck again.

Redneck,

This is the book that I purchased to work from that I mentioned above:

Home Brewing Biodiesel

smile.gif

Bio a quick notation...

On the 55 gal drums..
Where you have placed the bungs on the bottom you need to be aware that most drum manufacturers have a thinner gauge steel on top and in some cases the bungs have been known to pop out with repeated use(opening and closing of 2" valves). I would suggest making the piping as rigid as possible to make sure they are secure and also investing in the 9v battery operated water sensors (used in tight spaces and water heaters) this will tell you if you spring a leak compared to seeing it run in the middle of the floor.

Also in a pinch we used 2x4's mounted on wall studs (at slight angle to allow the drum to lay against the wall) with 2x6's at an angle to roll a 55 gal onto so one person can do this.

Just an idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back