Home office desk project

Canuck - moved to —> California —> Texas —> ???
Just finished setting up my office and since the room has a "cut" corner I had to do some custom work in order to maximize the space available.
I'm pretty happy with the result. Total desk space is actually quite huge. It begs for a third monitor now ;)

IMG_E0595.JPG

IMG_E0601.JPG

lot of desk space for sure,not mention a pretty good view great job!

Looks great! Did you cut those angles from a standard kit? What's the height? Looks like there's some support in the back also.

Looks great! Did you cut those angles from a standard kit? What's the height? Looks like there's some support in the back also.

I fitted the pieces on the floor, parallel to the wall and marked the angels that way. Then confirmed the markings were the same distance on the mating pieces. All was hand cut with a circular saw, as my table saw is buried somewhere in the garage. I then drilled the holes for the dowel pins and used wood glue to hold it all together.
Yes, the back is supported by pieces of 2x2 screwed to the wall.
The table, by itself is very flimsy, as I'm not experienced enough nor have the tools to make sturdy wood connections, but fastened to the wall and the drawer cabinets, it's quite sturdy.

Looks good! do like. Not enough monitors though. :)
You like 3 or more ?

Dual 24” is our standard issue at work and what I also have in my work apartment … with the Dell replicator and the C plug it’s just a few seconds and the entire spread is active (power, keyboard, mouse, monitors, printer)…
The work station desks hold the monitors on a second level …

At home I just use a single 32” on a burl-wood foyer desk …

You like 3 or more ?

Dual 24” is our standard issue at work and what I also have in my work apartment … with the Dell replicator and the C plug it’s just a few seconds and the entire spread is active (power, keyboard, mouse, monitors, printer)…
The work station desks hold the monitors on a second level …

At home I just use a single 32” on a burl-wood foyer desk …
Work is a 14" laptop(?) with dual 25's. Home is the same laptop plus a single 28" 4k monitor with my home laptop plus a single 27". Looked impressive when I had my work setup at home, 5 LCD's going around my desk, but I need to bring them back.

Someone here at work has a 2x2 array of monitors, not sure on size but it's quite the display.

Work is a 14" laptop(?) with dual 25's. Home is the same laptop plus a single 28" 4k monitor with my home laptop plus a single 27". Looked impressive when I had my work setup at home, 5 LCD's going around my desk, but I need to bring them back.

Someone here at work has a 2x2 array of monitors, not sure on size but it's quite the display.
Yeah … my son sets up several … never the same it seems …

Yeah … my son sets up several … never the same it seems …
It's great! At home I'm starting to like the dual computer aspect, work on one, different work on the other. Not sure it's actually more productive but it does have its moments, one screen for each document that I'm trying to replicate. Paperless office--not sure it is better for the enviroment, all those monitors running, but it is the modern thing to do.

Back