Home, no sale here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Aren't sinkholes relatively common in Florida?

Isn't Florida a sinkhole?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Andy636

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

That's California....
smile.gif

Too much fracking/drilling ? Maybe we're massagin' Mother Earth for more than she can handle - causing some of these issues.... ?!?

Originally Posted By: BurrWinder
Too much fracking/drilling ? Maybe we're massagin' Mother Earth for more than she can handle - causing some of these issues.... ?!?

Not much frackin in Florida. Lots of sinkholes in the Northern part of the state. a few in the southern part but not many.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: Andy636

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

That's California....
smile.gif

Same length word, but change a couple letters!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/21/massive-sinkhole-threatens-homes-in-florida/ Home sales in this neighborhood may have gone to zero and insurance rates may go up.

Fought the good fight here for almost three years. Crack in the pool led to an investigation and it was concluded we had the dreaded 'sinkhole'. Actually two or three.

Other than a constant parade of incompetent contractors the whole thing has been great. IMO they spent more than they should have, and I almost remodeled my entire home at the insurance company's expense.

But the real truth is my home's value is INCREASED after remediation, and there are multiple guarantees in force to protect any buyer. So some of the stated myths here are not true...

This is about three miles from where I live. A friend of mine lives about four blocks away from this site.

There are a lot of sinkholes in these parts. It's one reason I wanted to buy a double wide when we moved here. My wife told me that would be fine, provided I didn't mind living in one by myself, (she grew up in 10 x 50 single wide and it ruined her on the mobile home lifestyle).

I tried to reason with her that if a sinkhole opened up, we could simply hook the house to the truck and drag it out of the way. In fact, it could actually be good as suddenly, we would have "lake front property." She didn't go for it so we bought a sight built house. I remind her of this every time there's another shaft of light into the underworld.

I was looking at a house not too long ago that had a big sign out front, "for sale, cheap, cash only." Turns out it is a "sink hole house." The hole had opened next to the garage, (you couldn't see it from the road, it was on the backside of the house). I'm not sure how, but as the hole caved in, it pulled the power box and power line away from the house. No thanks.

Thought for the day, don't build your house on sinking sand. Now that sounds familiar.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back