Home Depot goes automotive

Was in my Home Depot today and they're starting an oil section with "more to come". They have Quaker State, Rotella, and Pennzoil. Hmm... All SOPUS stuff. [Big Grin] Also various sprays and fuel injector cleaners, but no filters. Stuff was overpriced just like the local hardware store. Pennzoil $1.99/qt etc.

pbm

In my opinion Home Depot is no bargain. Prices are similar to the smaller chains but the service STINKS. I avoid the place if I can.

Plus everybody and their mother is at the "despot" on a Saturday afternoon. Can't hardly get in the place. I go for the tasty brauts they have cookin out front.

quote:
Originally posted by Drew99GT: Plus everybody and their mother is at the "despot" on a Saturday afternoon. Can't hardly get in the place. I go for the tasty brauts they have cookin out front.
Wow, the best I've seen was popcorn and they couldn't find the salt.

I missed the oil, but they had a great deal on Coke products over the fourth of July. More competition would be nice.

they can't even do wood right [Thumbs Down!] only reason I go there is because it's 1/2 mile away and gas is $2.50 a gallon

Pondered many times while prowling HD aisles as to why they had no automotive products for sale. If the buffoons would hire me to manage their corporate-wide auto sections I would please the customers while increasing their profit margin. But, as I have learned the past 10 years, corporate America only seems to look at my decades of blue collar work, ignoring the 3.9 GPA with my two late-earned degrees. BAH!!!!! I hope they go bankrupt!!!!!!!

Home depot use to have good prices on almost all material but It has gotten out of hand. I go there on ocaassion when I see a sale add or know they are having a clearnace type sale. Im still in search of some trees to go on clearnace this fall.

quote:
Originally posted by Drew99GT: Plus everybody and their mother is at the "despot" on a Saturday afternoon. Can't hardly get in the place. I go for the tasty brauts they have cookin out front.
Only the Lowe's stores have that around here.

quote:
Originally posted by 1 FMF: they can't even do wood right [Thumbs Down!] only reason I go there is because it's 1/2 mile away and gas is $2.50 a gallon
You must go to the one in Derby,I use to,never ever again.Their wood stinks,prices are no bargain,customer service and knowledge,HAH!!! This goes for all of the orange houses of despair... 1FMF if you do go to Home Dopo in Derby,next time try Housatonic lumber,just the customer service will have you going no where else!!!! I love the place!!!

quote:
Originally posted by eljefino: Was in my Home Depot today and they're starting an oil section with "more to come".....Also various sprays and fuel injector cleaners, but no filters.
You know what kind of filters the orange house of doom is going to sell, don't you? (F**m) [Wink] Lowe's should then counter by selling AC Delco's or Pure One's.

The service got a whole lot better at Home Depot with a Lowes moved in down the street. On several purchases I've told them the other store was cheaper and they price matched. I sure hope the stuff was cheaper, I'd feel terrible if I took advantage of them.

I would rather shop at menards. Better prices and I like the layout of the store better. Things are too hard to find at home depot.