Home Depot clearance score

Fellow cheapskates: allow me to share a recent "clearance find of the day", if for no reason other than I share my fellow member's love for a solid savings.

The ol' lady and I were wandering Home Depot this past Sunday, plant section, when she happened to notice a clearance rack full of Round-Up gallon refills marked down from $27.97 to $1.30!!! There were only two, but sitting shoulder to shoulder with the Round-Up were 7 pump-n-shoot bottles of another brand which were down from $11.97 to $1.60.

Needless to say, we cleared the place out. It's not like it goes bad, it's fine being frozen as long as it thaws and gets shaken before use, and it's something everyone has a use for. Proud of myself (well, my better half) for her good eye.

(Not so) fun fact - if someone were hypothetically lazy and left the Round-up wand laying on the floor of the garage after use, that may hypothetically cause the contents of the nearly full gallon jug to syphon onto the floor. Apparently there's a reason the tip of the wand is higher than the jug when stored properly.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

(Not so) fun fact - if someone were hypothetically lazy and left the Round-up wand laying on the floor of the garage after use, that may hypothetically cause the contents of the nearly full gallon jug to syphon onto the floor. Apparently there's a reason the tip of the wand is higher than the jug when stored properly.

View attachment 137045

I suppose that's one possible scenario, however I have yet to forget to properly store the nozzle after use.

Less of a problem for the refills, no sprayer to worry about.

Fellow cheapskates: allow me to share a recent "clearance find of the day", if for no reason other than I share my fellow member's love for a solid savings.

The ol' lady and I were wandering Home Depot this past Sunday, plant section, when she happened to notice a clearance rack full of Round-Up gallon refills marked down from $27.97 to $1.30!!! There were only two, but sitting shoulder to shoulder with the Round-Up were 7 pump-n-shoot bottles of another brand which were down from $11.97 to $1.60.

Needless to say, we cleared the place out. It's not like it goes bad, it's fine being frozen as long as it thaws and gets shaken before use, and it's something everyone has a use for. Proud of myself (well, my better half) for her good eye.
Walmart does this yearly. I got some big jugs last year, even the Roundup max 360 was only $5 or less. They haven't marked down fertilizer in a few years.

Back