Holy cow, look at my Toyota AC filter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2 and 1/2 years 24,000km, this is how my Toyota AC filter looks like. If you look carefully, the fabric has decomposed at some parts and there are holes in it! I promptly went to buy a new one.

-

Nah, holes in filters are because you abused it.

Please send in you UAU (Used Air Analysis), and VAA (Virgin Air Analysis), plus any data measurements that you took regarding cabin overpressure, and operation at high/low altitudes.

Of course, you realise that these things are manufactured to (unspecified) OEM specifications, and therefore any failure is purely the result of things outside the manufacturer's control.

offtopic.gif
I haven't changed the cabin filter in my 01' Accord. Can anyone instruct me how this is done? Thanks

You've got some nasty air over there. I remember your engine intake filter was even worse after short duration also.
Is lung cancer common in your area?
shocked.gif

ya, I agree with jason. if that's in your air filter, what's in your lungs? I checked my air filter after 2 years, it's not black. just barely some dirt on it. still looks new

I just changed the cabin air filter in my '02 Suburban for the first time at 56,000 miles. To say the least, it was incredibly dirty. I'll be changing it with the engine air filter at 30,000 miles from now on.

Wayne

quote:

Originally posted by Ken4:
After 2 and 1/2 years 24,000km, this is how my Toyota AC filter looks like.

The cabin filter on my A4 looks just like this (except it's not decomposed) after less than a year and less than 10K km. So much dust and dirt here. Jason's comment about lung cancer really just about sums it up.

The filter might have been damaged before or during installation at the dealer. I use bulk 3M Filtrete cloth on top of my car's a/c evaporator. They do a prety good job, but there's some restriction.

Wow that thing trapped a lot of stuff. I also changed my VW's filter recently. Mine has about 20,000 miles (~32000 km)3 years. And it didn't look as dirty. But had similar gray dirt color on it. Do you noticed that the new filter is lighter so the old one trapped a lot of stuff. Was it easy to change?

Originally posted by Shannow:

Please send in you UAU (Used Air Analysis), and VAA (Virgin Air Analysis), plus any data measurements that you took regarding cabin overpressure, and operation at high/low altitudes.

Of course, you realise that these things are manufactured to (unspecified) OEM specifications, and therefore any failure is purely the result of things outside the manufacturer's control.

I have a feeling I know who this homage was written for. [Wink]

Now thats funny.
smile.gif
I don't know how many times I heard that in the never ending thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:

I have a feeling I know who this homage was written for.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back