Holster for revolver when camping suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just returned from camping for the weekend and need a new holster recommendation. I have a S&W j frame shrouded hammer revolver that I carried in a nylon pocket holster. This was pretty uncomfortable when hiking. I would like a Kydex holster for outside the waistband on a belt. It will be concealed under a tshirt. My budget is $40 and less ideally. Any suggestions?

I bought a nice leather molded holster from Sportsman guide for my revolver. It's called Secret Agent. You are never going to find a comfortable inside the pants holster unless your a stick person. Look for a nice leather molded holster. If your camping does it really need to be totally concealed?

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I bought a nice leather molded holster from Sportsman guide for my revolver. It's called Secret Agent. You are never going to find a comfortable inside the pants holster unless your a stick person. Look for a nice leather molded holster. If your camping does it really need to be totally concealed?

OP said OWB not IWB. Agree that leather is usually more comfortable than the various plastic ones if you're wearing it all day.

Try looking at a Don Hume H721 open top holster......... me thinks you'll like it.
Good leather for a good price.

JP

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
Hi, I just returned from camping for the weekend and need a new holster recommendation. I have a S&W j frame shrouded hammer revolver that I carried in a nylon pocket holster. This was pretty uncomfortable when hiking. I would like a Kydex holster for outside the waistband on a belt. It will be concealed under a tshirt. My budget is $40 and less ideally. Any suggestions?

Just misread part of this post, as I thought it said,"I just returned from campaigning"!

I would take the Rowan Atkinson Blackadder approach to new Holts products and buy a real nice set of white underpants to wear outside your belt. They really do work for most smallish handguns.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Originally Posted By: FirstNissan

Just misread part of this post, as I thought it said,"I just returned from campaigning"!

I would take the Rowan Atkinson Blackadder approach to new Holts products and buy a real nice set of white underpants to wear outside your belt. They really do work for most smallish handguns.

Wow...until this post, I had thought you were merely ignorant about firearms, ammunition, and the law...now, I realize I completely underestimated the extent....

I don't have this one but I would consider it if I still had my J frame
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-kydex-hybrid-OWB-beltslide-holster-for-S-W-J-Frame-/221903052488?hash=item33aa73dec8:g:YqQAAOSw0HVWDvcy

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Are you expecting a home invasion of your tent or armed robbery at your campfire or Bingo Pavillion?

Or... You know, maybe animals?

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Are you expecting a home invasion of your tent or armed robbery at your campfire or Bingo Pavillion?

Or... You know, maybe animals?

You might be right! Nissan may be the type to venture into the unknown / uninhabited places.

Don't forget the insect repellant too. Another holster needed for that also.
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back