Holoson Red Dot

I was looking at optics instead of using the iron sights and just kind of wanted somebody who could explain it to me in simple layman terms of where you put the dot at and how you calibrate it. If anybody here has experience with these could somebody please help me understand the concept and how to safely and accurately make something like this feasible. Thank you

a dot is just like a recticle in a scope. it needs to be zeroed ,preferably off a bench. i prefer 50 feet for 9mm as not much drop out to reasonable ranges of the 9mm.

to zero it put the dot on a target. shoot a group and them move the dot via the adjustment screws. same with both handgun and rifle.

a dot is just like a recticle in a scope. it needs to be zeroed ,preferably off a bench. i prefer 50 feet for 9mm as not much drop out to reasonable ranges of the 9mm.

to zero it put the dot on a target. shoot a group and them move the dot via the adjustment screws. same with both handgun and rifle.
this.

it's same concept. turn turrets or dials for left, right, up, and down.

Attachments

• 20230318_193104.jpg
    20230318_193104.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 9
I have tried other peoples pistols with red dot types and they are quite amazing

My SiG P365 has a red dot. Love it. I zeroed at 15 yards, figuring I won’t be using beyond that range. So, worst case, at 3 yards, it’s about an inch off. Close enough. It’s not a target shooter.

It’s easy to figure out how to adjust.

Works just like a scope. Take a look at it vs. the irons. (Like a bore sight on a scope).

Get it close. Take it to the range.

Figure out where it hits, adjust from there.

With my aging eyes and slight astigmatism, optical pistol sights are the only reason why I'm able to shoot. I can't see the irons at arms length which is extremely frustrating. I think it's great that optic-ready pistols have gotten so popular recently. Red dots add to the cost of course, but they are fantastic. Anyone with degrading eyesight should try them. Holosun green reticles are my personal preference.

Back