Holiday Inn Express- hit the Tri-fecta

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I hit the Holiday Inn Express Tri-fecta this evening. I am just going to have to find humor in it as I won't be getting any sleep. Too tired to go fight for another room, Wednesday night is a tough night to get a decent room. My room is the green dot in the room map.

I stay in a lot of different hotels regularly. Road warriors usually want to avoid any middle floor, being near the elevator, or being near the gym. My room tonight is directly in front of the elevator (not even to the side), the bed is a sheet of drywall away from a treadmill, and I on the second floor and I hear every step from the room above. This is a very large hotel with really old, slow, and loud elevators. So, I feel I like and sleeping outside of a mass transit subway station at rush hour. And the elevator mechanicals are also directly boarding the room.

Sometimes one is the bug, sometimes on is the windshield. I am the bug tonight. At least the fridge is making a loud noise, so some of the elevator noise may get drowned out. And if I want to workout, at least I am less than two feet away from the gym and it is open 24 hours.

PXL_20220915_005010211.jpg
PXL_20220915_004701929.jpg
PXL_20220915_004706906.jpg

I hit the Holiday Inn Express Tri-fecta this evening. I am just going to have to find humor in it as I won't be getting any sleep. Too tired to go fight for another room, Wednesday night is a tough night to get a decent room. My room is the green dot in the room map.

I stay in a lot of different hotels regularly. Road warriors usually want to avoid any middle floor, being near the elevator, or being near the gym. My room tonight is directly in front of the elevator (not even to the side), the bed is a sheet of drywall away from a treadmill, and I on the second floor and I hear every step from the room above. This is a very large hotel with really old, slow, and loud elevators. So, I feel I like and sleeping outside of a mass transit subway station at rush hour. And the elevator mechanicals are also directly boarding the room.

Sometimes one is the bug, sometimes on is the windshield. I am the bug tonight. At least the fridge is making a loud noise, so some of the elevator noise may get drowned out. And if I want to workout, at least I am less than two feet away from the gym and it is open 24 hours.

View attachment 117024View attachment 117022View attachment 117023
Have to report on how heavy the dumbbells are I always check very few are over 40lbs.

Must be a fairly old hotel? Most newer hotels put workout rooms and the like near the front of the lobby.

Must be a fairly old hotel? Most newer hotels put workout rooms and the like near the front of the lobby.
Federal government designed hotel, managed by Holiday Inn Express. I speculate a workout room was not planned in the original design.

Let's just keep our blessings and count our blessings as there are homeless veterans who would love a safe and clean night's rest and aren't getting it because they have been failed by the powers that be. These small inconveniences are only temporary for all of you; try to find something positive on the outlook. Haven't been in a hotel in years but everytime I do she turns the a/c on to the coldest setting and I about freeze 🥶.

Find the override cheat for the A/C control so you can run the fan on high. I find this helps most times.

Might have to buy one of those....

I use one regularly. I have a hard time sleeping in near silence. I bring it on work and vacation trips. It definitely helps block some of the random noises that impact my sleep. You seem to travel a lot and I think it’d be great for loud TVs, doors slamming, ice machines, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON

It could be worse...they could have put you up in a smoking room that smells like a stale ashtray and cheap musk.

Reactions: GON
I stay in Holiday Inns regularly and have my preferences in my profile. They include staying away from an elevator and being on the highest floor possible. No only are the really good about adhering to my preferences, but they regularly upgrade me to a free suite because I'm a diamond member.

It could be worse. There could be a sports tournament in town and the rest of your floor is occupied by one of the teams. And they're going to be practicing in the hallway all night.

Or the sign outside the hotel having the last room in town says, "24 exotic dancers every night", the hallways are narrow and have deep red shag carpet. And under a chair in one corner of your room there's a rat trap - baited and set.

Or the guests next door have their television set turned up really loud. And the guy keeps shouting, "Bonnie, bring me a beer!"

Travel can be eye opening.

It could be worse. There could be a sports tournament in town and the rest of your floor is occupied by one of the teams. And they're going to be practicing in the hallway all night.

Or the sign outside the hotel having the last room in town says, "24 exotic dancers every night", the hallways are narrow and have deep red shag carpet. And under a chair in one corner of your room there's a rat trap - baited and set.

Or the guests next door have their television set turned up really loud. And the guy keeps shouting, "Bonnie, bring me a beer!"

Travel can be eye opening.
And those are just the North American examples. We've had just as bad in Europe.

The room over the fish and chip shop with the greasy glow.

The antiseptic toilet paper that came in sheets that burned your bum. Why would toilet paper come in slippery little sheets, let alone antiseptic slippery little sheets?

Electricity that went out periodically and randomly. And you got blamed for it.

The induction cook top that failed whenever you tried to use it, ringing a sweet little bell in the hallway telling you to go and throw the breakers again.

Makes you wonder why you don't just stay home. It's a good thing we like traveling.

Back