Hog tied lobster tails on a cast iron skillet Valentine Dinner

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024

Normally I would cook lobster tails on the grill. Skewers are needed to prevent the lobster from curling up on the grill. I couldn't find the skewers. Time for plan B. Hog tie the lobster keeping it elongated and cook on a cast iron skillet in the oven. Grill up a COSTCO ribeye and split it between my Bride and me. My Wife made the desert- cupcakes.

IMHO- this sure beats going out to eat on Valentine Day.
PXL_20220214_231838290.jpg
PXL_20220214_231846194.jpg
PXL_20220214_233216726.jpg
PXL_20220214_233044336.jpg
PXL_20220214_233729915.jpg
PXL_20220214_233806047.jpg
PXL_20220215_000322873.jpg

Those plates for you and the wife look delicious!

I'm alone and single, so left over beef stew from yesterday. (not a bad thing)
Hostess cupcakes for dessert if still hungry. :confused:

Those plates for you and the wife look delicious!

I'm alone and single, so left over beef stew from yesterday. (not a bad thing)
Hostess cupcakes for dessert if still hungry. :confused:
I think you scored large with the Hostess cupcakes.

My Wife kept hinting the cupcakes may not be up to snuff. I grabbed one and was unable to squeeze the cupcake- it was rock hard, yet made at 4pm today. Wife admitted she bought some crazy healthy cupcake mix that contained no flour, no sugar, etc. I took one bite, smiled, and snook the rest of the cupcake in the trash.

How I wish I could have a Hostess cupcake right about now.

For us : I made a 9oz fillet 2 baked potatoes and some broc/cauli/carrot with cheese.

Desert was some choc covered pretzels.

Reactions: GON
We shared one lb of large shrimp, with baked potato. Did dessert first about an hour before the main course: warm cake brownie square topped with vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries with juices. All in all an easy meal to prepare and execute.

Normally I would cook lobster tails on the grill. Skewers are needed to prevent the lobster from curling up on the grill. I couldn't find the skewers. Time for plan B. Hog tie the lobster keeping it elongated and cook on a cast iron skillet in the oven. Grill up a COSTCO ribeye and split it between my Bride and me. My Wife made the desert- cupcakes.

IMHO- this sure beats going out to eat on Valentine Day.
View attachment 88941View attachment 88942View attachment 88944View attachment 88943View attachment 88945View attachment 88946View attachment 88947
Man! You do er up good!

Im single and spending this valentines day in a hotel room before an early morning cross country flight to spend the rest of the week teaching. Dinner was room service because I didnt feel like dealing with valentines day crowds at a restaurant. Yours looks much better

Reactions: GON
Back