Hodgdon Acquires Accurate and Ramshot Powders

Not many powder companies left not under the Hodgdon umbrella.
Nearly everything I load is now under that umbrella, except for some Alliant (BE-86, Red Dot, and Green Dot). Accurate #5 and #7 were my go to pistol powders and now everything is BE-86. It is one of the cleanest burning powders I have used and meters exceptionally well in my Dillon equipment. Red Dot and Green Dot remain favorites for shotgun.

Nearly everything I load is now under that umbrella, except for some Alliant (BE-86, Red Dot, and Green Dot). Accurate #5 and #7 were my go to pistol powders and now everything is BE-86. It is one of the cleanest burning powders I have used and meters exceptionally well in my Dillon equipment. Red Dot and Green Dot remain favorites for shotgun.
I'm on the other end of the burn rate chart. 2700, Big Game and Hunter for the WSMs and Ramshot Magnum for the big'uns.

Hi
I hope Hodgdon keep the production of Ramshot powders in Belgium. They are cheaper here in UK as they are not shipped from US.

Hodgdon will have a monopoly before long. Not good for prices.

Hi
I hope Hodgdon keep the production of Ramshot powders in Belgium. They are cheaper here in UK as they are not shipped from US.

Hodgdon will have a monopoly before long. Not good for prices.
Maybe, but likely not. There is still Alliant, Nobel Sport, Vihtavuori, Shooter's World, Norma, and probably a few more I am missing.

You have to separate manufacturers from distributors or marketers. Each have an impact on prices.

Some years back they acquired Winchester powder and Win 231 became HP38. I have not been able to tell any diff in my reloading of 45acp and small calibers that I use it for.

Some years back they acquired Winchester powder and Win 231 became HP38. I have not been able to tell any diff in my reloading of 45acp and small calibers that I use it for.
I can't find a reference at the moment, but I've seen photos of big containers(bigger than 8lb kegs) that are double labeled Win296 and H110. Everything I have is labeled Winchester, but In consider H110 and Win296 load data interchangeable, as do I HP38 and Win231.

I strongly, strongly suspect that Alliant 300-MP is the same powder as Win296 also, or at least similar. It's a spherical powder(technically only Winchester makes "ball" powder) with the same size granules and same density, the same "ether" smell when you open the powder can, and the loading data is within spitting distance of Win296. I don't interchange the data, but at the same time when I've worked it up I've ended up at the same place I would for 296.

I like & use Hodgdon powders, Ramshot too, now all together. Even though I have a bunch of manuals, still check the Hodgdon site at times. I imagine they will link Ramshot & Accurate data at some point.

Back