Hmmm, Amsoil Vs Mobil 1 for cold starts on another board....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been talking about synthetics, and it seems like when neons.org is involved, someone has to chime in about Amsoil. Now, I don't have anything against Amsoil, but it seems like some people don't have a realistic opinion of amsoil as it relates to other oils, ESPECIALLY Mobil 1. check this out:

Specifically related to this comment on page 2:
quote:

neon was left outside last nite- was 5 out- cranked over very fast -not one bit of noise, for petes sake with mobil1- noise was bad even whenm itwas 50 degrees out-cold start features of the mobil 1 aren't even in the same ballpark as amsoil- BTW- i did freezer test and boiling oil in the pan tests myself-these proved the superiority of amsoil versus the mobil1

Is that really true, i mean it sounds like a load of BS to me? I mean, it was only 5 degrees out. Shouldn't Amsoil and Mobil 1 still perform well until we get into the -30s?

-Mike

edited out link to other BB

[ January 17, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

At 5F the performance between Mobil 1 and Amsoil should be almost identical. I don't think Amsoil would start to really show a big difference until you got to the real extremes (-40F for instance)

The only difference I have ever noticed is the valve tap is more noticeable when using Mobil 1. Both these oils should flow about the same. I just don't see where people can find these "huge" differences when both of these oils are very similar.

I agree Amsoil in the same weight as M1 tri-syn was superior in cold pump and crank.

I would expect Supersyn formulation to be worse in cold than the older formulation of M1 but I have not seen testing to confirm that.

Hi Terry. Why would SS be worse and why would they not be as good as amsoil? I don't see where these differences are found. thks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back