“HiVis MVP” ATF instead of ATF+4 in ’01 Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great sign! I'm going to print that off...

I do think that it's a little unfair to expect the owner to eat the labor on the second job, when arrangements weren't actually made to use your desired fluid, but as I said maybe he will accommodate you. If he doesn't though, I wouldn't hold it against him. After all he has a business to run and the mistake/miscommunication wasn't his.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
That's a great sign! I'm going to print that off...

I do think that it's a little unfair to expect the owner to eat the labor on the second job, when arrangements weren't actually made to use your desired fluid, but as I said maybe he will accommodate you. If he doesn't though, I wouldn't hold it against him. After all he has a business to run and the mistake/miscommunication wasn't his.
I'm glad you appreciated the humor! About your view on the fairness of the situation, I can understand your point of view as an owner, but I have a consumer, I have a different point of view. As you can see by my posts, I'm particular about the details, but as a consumer, I should not have to give the expert instructions on how to do his job (i.e. the "If you give us advice" category of the sign!). I don't think that most consumers would have any idea what is right. A consumer should be able to rely on the expert. To me, Chrysler has an approved list of acceptable fluids, and I would expect an expert to know that, and only use an approved fluid http://centerforqa.com/chrysler/licensed-atf4-brands If a mechanic wants to offer alternatives, such as, I can give you the approved fluid for $X, or a cheaper unapproved fluid for $Y, that's fair, and as a consumer, I can make an informed decision. I was not given that information or choice. The bottom line is that the owner has a decision to make, and I have a decision to make. He can chose to accept my offer (or negotiate a compromise), and I will chalk this up to experience, and he will have a lifetime customer, or he can chose to reject my offer, and I will walk away and never come back. We all have choices!

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Curious how you came our with the shop?
We're trying to work something out. He's a reasonable and honest guy. He also put me in touch with his supplier, to let me hear their side of the story. Although it is advertised as meeting or exceeding ATF+4, the base oil is lower grade than the Chrysler licensed stuff, so I don't see how the supplier / manufacturer can make the claims they are making.

Hmmm, don't know what to say about the multi vehicle ATF? It would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

At least you two are trying to get things worked out. It's the pits to see a customer go away mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back