hit up the Bonney Eagle car show

Status
Not open for further replies.
It supports the athletic boosters. I kept it real with my 89 firebird (not pictured.) Paid the extra $5 to enter car plus driver which meant I didn't have to park in Siberia. I had my choice of the f-body parking lot or "best of the 80s" so I went with the 80s.

This seems safe:

"I like my truck so much, I painted my truck on my truck:"

I did this on my BIL's cavalier!!!!

Rat trucks fell into two classes (IMO), this one was a "radiator in front" traditional model but there were lots of rads in back.

Now a rad-in-back

clearcoat over patina:

floorpan of this thing was a real foot-squoosher

diesel power-- wish I heard this one run. The whole show was pretty quiet except for "Train horn guy"

here's one for the kids

75 valiant, the dashboard from the movie "duel"

there was a decibel drag race section

Blood. Sweat. Tears. Another head gasket.
27.gif

"I bought this hot rod off the showroom floor like the rest of the row of mopars."

Yup, just got back from it. That shellacked Beetle was something of that nature I've never seen.

I must be getting old because back in the day it was a much larger event.

Nice pics. I haven't been to a show in years. I think Owls Head, over twenty years ago.

I like the rat sans radiator. I've wondered about something like that but with a slant six. The natural slant/slouch of that motor I think would work well.

Great pics Eljefino. I would dearly enjoy putting a 30's Chevy or GMC or Dodge pu on a clean 2 wd Ranger frame. Guy down in NOLA has a 36 Ford kit on a Ranger frame. It is boss

A few years back I saw one of the fox body LTD's that was an odd blue-green metallic that had weathered down to the primer in places.I wanted to get it and clear coat it like that Beetle.Something about the weathering patterns looked really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back