Hit four more AZ's today in my quest for the green GC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first two had zilch green, but plenty of gold. The third stop had three quarts of green (1-M02, 2-M04). At the last stop I hit the jackpot, 11 quarts of green (7-M02, 4-M04). All the stores had plenty of M0502+ gold. Todays find puts my green stash at a whopping 44 quarts. BTW, the sale is over, and it's back to $4.99/quart.

I've never seen something so trivial than this green GC hunt or the mass purchases of just oil. On other posts people have over 75 quarts of this stuff. A total waste of money. Who's going to use this much oil.

Every party has to have a pooper, that's why we invited speedtc.
grin.gif
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by speedtc:
I've never seen something so trivial than this green GC hunt or the mass purchases of just oil. On other posts people have over 75 quarts of this stuff. A total waste of money. Who's going to use this much oil.

Ummm, how about people that maintain multiple cars in a household? Those folks can easily go through a 75-quart stash of GC in a year or two without too much trouble.

ok fred, you can do what you want, I can say you are a jerk for doing it all I want too as well. Make me stop. If your livlihood doesn't depend on it, you are driving way too much.
And I said it doesn't matter, as that is not the average. I knew someone would take the comments personally and be an idiot about it. Ok, so now the comments are personal.

lets see...I change oil for my families fleet of vehicles and we live 20 miles from the nearest grocery store.A Toyota Landcrusier holds 7.9 quarts(inline six) we have three. Wifes Subaru Tribeca holds 6. Her Moms Outback H-6 holds six. Toyota truck 22RTE holds 4.3. Mercedes 560SEC hold close to 8. Moms Avalon holds 5. Yes some people can go through a lot of oil. Thats almost fifty quarts in a single round. I hope my GC stash can last three years.
p.s. forgot to mention my buddies F150 302 guess thats 6 more I dont have in the stash.

the problem speedtc is the quantity available at any given time at a single Autozone is not enough for me to change one let alone the five vehicles I changed in Dec in a single evening, hense the reason to stash a reserve. How are these purchases-Moonshine runs around the local Autozone's like Smokey and the Bandit-any different than a farmer like me having two drums of hydraulic fluid, a drum of Rotella, and a pony keg of Shaefferes Supreme 9000 in stock? Its a hull of a lot more fun!

speedtc may be ticked cause he caint find none of that wonderous green elixir. It's dunne been snatched up by us hoaders/stashers (me included with 101 qts and counting).
grin.gif
lol.gif

[ December 22, 2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: audi_guy ]

I could care less about the green. Just get the gld. 101 quarts? Next time you drive by autozone just throw your cash out the window!

Speed- Why do you seem so ticked about people buying up the green GC? Once it's gone, it's gone and these folks love the stuff.

I tried the GC and my car doesn't seem to run as well on it as it did with Mobil 1. I've got 20 quarts of the Green stuff in my cellar...will I use it in my Matrix again? Probably not....however I don't feel bad for buying the stuff. It will get used someday! I like to try different oils so this weekend it will get 4 quarts of Chevron Supreme that I "hoarded" at a local Walmart. (Can't find that stuff usually here in NH so I took all 7 quarts)
wink.gif

If someone wants to buy 500 quarts of the stuff who cares? If they got the cash and they swear by it so what?
dunno.gif

Some folks collect stamps, some collect baseball cards....some collect oil...it's all good!
fruit.gif

quote:

I could care less about the green.

I knew that but I couldn't resist.
smile.gif

But hey every qt was $3.99 and was $1.50 cheaper than the M1 0w40 I was using and I got several $20 gift cards in the process and it performs better in my car and it glows green in a UV light... An .. an .. and I couldn't resist that either. The treasure hunt is too much fun! When I run out of GC green I'll go for the Gold or maybe it's replacement. Heck by the time I do run out, we'll be hoarding/stashing the Gold because the replacement isn't Gold that is unless of course the replacement is GREEN!
grin.gif

cheers.gif

[ December 22, 2005, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: audi_guy ]

Seems we are becoming the "board with an attitude." I can only guess what speedtc thinks of my 200+ quarts...

With conservative changes of 6000 to 7000 mi. and an average of say 5 qts /change you would have to have a total houshold fleet doing 90,000 to 100,000 mi a year to use 75 qts. of GC, I think very few households are doing that much even with all cars combined. Now don't bother responding that your particular household does this much, because the average household will be doing way less. And if you are driving that much and not working as a travelling salesman, then I say you are part of the global energy problem and you should think about conserving a bit more.

I can bother, whether you want me to or not. Not your call fella.

I have 5 cars to take care of. I get to 100,000 miles on them give or take 5 K per year. Every two months I do Oil changes on them. I consume 6 jugs per car roughly of MC semi. 30 jugs per year X 5 = 150 quarts. With filters my oil changes still only cost 350 dollars for a DIY guy. Good insurance for me.

I hear that the gold is as good or better than the green but i see people buying up all the green they can get their hands on. Regardless of color IMO it is crazy to buy "as much oil as you can find" so that is what i posted. I'm not commenting in a mean spirited way, actually it's comical to me.

bought my first GOLD six quarts last night-
Fleetwood Mac Gold Dust Woman playing in the background-used my free vouchers for it.
My stash is growing...138!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back