HiLift Jacks

4WD

$50 site donor 2024
I had a 42” HiLift jack for 20 years and finally gave it away to a guy needing to repair a fishing pier. They have gotten me out of jams and helped with a number of jobs.
After buying the Rubicon … decided I needed a new one but did not like all the ways folks mounted them outside the Jeep. Then I discovered you could order a 36” and it fits inside (has been tied down better) …
Then I needed a way to grab the wheel spokes … hence this choker …
Wanted to share and hear some things you do with this great tool …

50E31DBD-81B4-4456-9147-8DF18D60BFC3.png
F005F09F-FE3F-4FB7-9CA5-2BB4C400F50B.png
0FBE8B8B-2FF0-4714-B2D8-55CDDD58688D.jpg

I carry an older 48" but haven't actually used it. I'm convinced it is working, though. If I leave it at home I'm sure that'll be the time I need it!

I'm going to get a 36" to carry like that. I don't like the mounts, either, and have heard of folks accidentally damaging their hoods with the hood mounts. When you are slipping around in mud is not the time to handle a heavy jack and delicately remove it from the hood.

I bought a carrying case from Hi Lift that keeps it from banging things up, too.

Looking forward to hearing how people use them!

Reactions: 4WD
Indy: another thing to point out … when I did the test fit with the jack and choker … the point they meet is on the tire and that keeps the wheel from being damaged

I have a good amount of off road experience and have used a Hi-Lift for just about everything. I've jacked up my front, rear, Poison Spyder rockers, and my cage.

Some of the more exotic uses were pulling an axle forward on a TJ that ripped the control arm mount off the rear axle (it was laying on it's side) so we could stick weld the mount back on the tube. We couldn't use a ratchet strap as it was too much to pull by hand.

I've used the jack handle to sleeve a tie rod a few times after bending it back. The handle adds strength and keeps it from bending to get off the trail.

We used a hi-lift on a buggy to push it off a rock so that part of the cage could clear and keep going.

It's a very useful tool, but it's pretty dangerous too. Do NOT put your hand on the jack body when you're jacking down. Seen a few people get their fingers crushed. Always know your tools.

They’re incredibly handy on the farm too. They are also really good at making you familiar with your local dentist. I have a chipped tooth from getting hit in the jaw by the handle in a moment of carelessness. I’d love to have one at work but they won’t allow us to have them because they’re so dangerous if you aren’t paying attention.

They’re incredibly handy on the farm too. They are also really good at making you familiar with your local dentist. I have a chipped tooth from getting hit in the jaw by the handle in a moment of carelessness. I’d love to have one at work but they won’t allow us to have them because they’re so dangerous if you aren’t paying attention.
Yes … knock on wood one never got me … but with some of the stored energy I have put in them … sure could have.

Back