Hiking/nature photos

Pew

In spirit of my love for hiking, I thought it would be cool to see what the pictures that other people have taken while out hiking or just around nature in general.

This picture is probably my favorite picture at the moment that I took this September on a road trip through the PNW. I caught it in Oregon at a pull-off spot in Umpqua National Forest. Taken with a Sony A6000 with just the 18-55 kit lens.

DSC02379.JPG

Here are two pictures that I took from my latest trip up to the NW to see some family and visit Yellowstone. First picture is overlooking Bear Lake, which is on the border of northern Utah and Southeastern Idaho. The second picture is of Yellowstone. I took these with my phone as I didn't have my new camera yet.

Edit: sorry, I don't know why the picture of Yellowstone is rotated, but I'm not going to go through the effort to figure it out as I just discovered that you can rotate pictures when you view them on this site. Cool feature!

Bear Lake.jpg

Yellowstone.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JustN89
Here are two pictures that I took from my latest trip up to the NW to see some family and visit Yellowstone. First picture is overlooking Bear Lake, which is on the border of northern Utah and Southeastern Idaho. The second picture is of Yellowstone. I took these with my phone as I didn't have my new camera yet.

Edit: sorry, I don't know why the picture of Yellowstone is rotated, but I'm not going to go through the effort to figure it out as I just discovered that you can rotate pictures when you view them on this site. Cool feature!

Same falls in Yellowstone but in B/W with my film camera and 28-300 lens. Taken in August.

lg.jpg

Took these pictures with my iPhone 7+
First picture is Yosemite National Park
2nd is the Northern California coast
3rd & 4th is Glacier National Park (different lakes)
5th is Monument Valley

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mt. St Helens from Camp Muir on Mt. Rainier
[Linked Image]

Mt. Adams from about the tree line on Mt. Rainer
[Linked Image]

Me at Camp Muir. 10,180 feet.
[Linked Image]

Looking back down from Muir
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dry Falls Washington
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Snoqualmie Train tunnel
You can see I-90 in one of the phots.

Great thread. I have tons. I love the Pacific Northwest!

Last edited:
You guys are sooooo lucky that you can drive there. We have to fly first before driving to our destination. But we have almost 365 days of warm sunny weather so I guess it's a trade-off.

Love these pics!

@Nick1994, I got the same lake during sunrise too (this one is from the other side, and I didn't realize the shoulder strap was in the pic.)
smile.gif

Originally Posted by anndel
You guys are sooooo lucky that you can drive there. We have to fly first before driving to our destination. But we have almost 365 days of warm sunny weather so I guess it's a trade-off.

Yea, your whole backyard is a playground!

DSC02272.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot I made this thread until the Yellowstone thread popped up.

Here's one from my latest trip to Banff NP in Canada. The trail that leads here was completely muddy and in a forest the whole way until you read the end - in which you're immediately greeted with this view. By far my most favorite view ever.

[Linked Image]

I'm migrating my posts from the other random photo threads that are inevitably going to be deleted due to people unable to stop themselves from following BITOG posting rules.

They fit better here anyway.

Winter of 2021 lakeside
pxl_20220313_142013446-portrait-jpg.99483

A few months earlier near the same location
pxl_20211003_155731565-jpg.99484

Do any of you avid hikers carry a firearm out there?
I'm not a hiker but if I was I would at least carry a pistol.
You never know who or what you may run into.

Back