High temperature gasket material

I’m servicing my Viesmann Boiler and I find the gaskets Viesmann sells are crap. Here is a shot of the gasket between the boiler burner tube and the outer housing cap. The material looks like some sort of high carbon stuff which turns brittle in a year or two. Here is a photo showing the cracks in the gasket. I guess I’m looking for something like a header gasket. It has to take the full temp of propane combustion which is 3560 degrees F. Any ideas? Thanks.

7A09B8B2-D592-4909-A648-5D1079EA6B51.jpeg

Be very careful to find the right stuff... Not some retrofit that is unproven. This is how CO poisoning and leakage of explosive gas mixtures happen...

I am not so sure that the cracking and replacement of that gasket is such a bad thing. Nothing says another brand/type wont fail in similar time.

I need to open my peerless boiler to service it... it has been a few years. Interesting to see all the buildup in yours. What are the little stones from???

Be very careful to find the right stuff... Not some retrofit that is unproven. This is how CO poisoning and leakage of explosive gas mixtures happen...

I am not so sure that the cracking and replacement of that gasket is such a bad thing. Nothing says another brand/type wont fail in similar time.

I need to open my peerless boiler to service it... it has been a few years. Interesting to see all the buildup in yours. What are the little stones from???
You are right. Shouldn’t screw around with this. I now have spares. The “ nodules” might be pieces from the slightly deteriorated ceramic end caps, after rolling around in the combustion chamber.

For interest sake, here is the new burner tube beside the old one. The old one was showing signed of bulging. I’ve seen these things finally fail by ripping open but that takes years.

1FFB42A7-631C-437B-B654-1EE9BBE3A270.jpeg

What's up Snag, what do you figure your piston is made from to stand up to your 3560 degrees F, full temp exhaust? I figure ceramic coated aluminum won't stand a chance. From the looks of your combustion chamber, I would unbolt the head once a year. I would also use OE gaskets, because gas or diesel, kerosene does not get near half that temp with aluminum pistons without melting them in a matter of minutes. There is no auto or motorcycle gaskets that will withstand that temp, not even pure copper.

P.S. By the way, please try and keep your Polar Vortex within your perimeter, please! My house is getting Hammered!
Actually, some of it now is coming from the west, so, I have to admit I'm getting it from the west also;=(

And thanks for the conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit cause I don't do Celsius.

Back