High tdu charge in electric Bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's differs between which distribution area you are in. Centerpoint for Houston, Oncor for Dallas, AEP for others, and so on... It's also based on your usage for the most part. The fixed portion of TDU is only like $5.47 on my bill and the rest is at around $0.043 per kwh.

Mine increases with higher usage. Don't feel too bad, the Duke Energy thieves charge me around $35/month JUST TO BE CONNECTED TO NATURAL GAS! I'm wondering how much a propane tank would cost!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Mine increases with higher usage. Don't feel too bad, the Duke Energy thieves charge me around $35/month JUST TO BE CONNECTED TO NATURAL GAS! I'm wondering how much a propane tank would cost!

Way more. propane heat is usually about 5x the cost of natural gas.

Dominion charges me around 29$ and the only thing that uses gas is my furnace.. so its 29$ with 0 usage for 6months of the year.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Does it increase or decrease based on usage or stay at that flat rate?

It should stay flat at the $0.04 per kwh. So if you used 675 kwh during the month you would have around $27 of variable TDU and 5.47 of fixed for a total of around $32-33.

I am in a Texas New Mexico distribution area. On average, I pay 8.5 cent per kWh. 3 cents is the energy charge. The rest is TDU, taxes, and fees.

My actual electricity usage was $2.50 for 675kwh.

That doesn't make sense at all unless you have some kind of unique electric plan like the "free nights" plan or something else. Did you mean $25.00?

I pay 3.7 cents per kWh. After 1000 I think it goes to either 8 or 12 cents. I can't remember.

I pay 3.7 cents per kWh. After 1000 I think it goes to either 8 or 12 cents. I can't remember.

$0.037 × 675 kwh = $24.98, not $2.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back