High Mileage oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next oil change I am thinking on using a High Mileage oil.

It is for my 97 Sentra

I have been using PYB or QSGB.

My Dad uses Maxlife and he is happy with it.

Andy

I have a 2003 Bonneville with over 200k miles on it.Owned it since new, it has the 3800 engine. Have used Mobil 1 on most of the oil changes. Well, the engine started "using" about a quart of oil every 3 months about a year ago. I saw Mobil 1 High Mileage on the shelf and tried it. Runs great on it and "uses" less oil than it did on regular Mobil 1. I would guess a 50% improvement.

Kendall GT-1 High Mileage with "Liquid Titanium" seems to be pretty good as well. Certainly quietened the engine down on my '01 Grand Marquis and it runs noticably smoother.
thumbsup2.gif

Me and my Dad disagree on oil brand. but Quaker State and Pennzoil has been go to me for 30 years now

I just picked up 5qt. jug of Quaker State High Mileage oil I will be using it in next oil change.

Thanks

Andy

I just put Mobil Super 2000 in my mom's escape as it has started burning a bit, have to wait and see if it works as advertised.
I ran Maxlife in my old 1998 Cavalier, and it's still running like a top for the new owner.

I am going to give 5W30 Mobil 1 High Mileage a try in my 2003 Saturn Ion. It has close to 83,000 miles on it.

I worry a little bit about Mobil 1 because it seemed like a lot of UOAs done here on Mobil 1 showed high iron. But I frankly don't know anymore how accurate these UOAs are and the Mobil 1 tested was the regular Mobil 1. The High Mileage has more anti-wear additive-I went to the Mobil 1 website and checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back