High Mileage Honda CR-V Oil Suggestions?

My 2011 Honda CR-V has almost 111,000 miles. During the current OCI (normally 4K) I am in I have added over 1.5 qts. of oil in approx. 2,000 miles. I use Pennz. Platinum 5W20, the OM recommended weight is 0W20. I have no leaks and have no intention of doing an engine rebuild on a well running solid engine.

I am looking for suggestions on how to best deal with this issue. Over the long run its going to get expensive putting in twice as much oil as the car should require.

My 2011 Honda CR-V has almost 111,000 miles. During the current OCI (normally 4K) I am in I have added over 1.5 qts. of oil in approx. 2,000 miles. I use Pennz. Platinum 5W20, the OM recommended weight is 0W20. I have no leaks and have no intention of doing an engine rebuild on a well running solid engine.

I am looking for suggestions on how to best deal with this issue. Over the long run its going to get expensive putting in twice as much oil as the car should require.
I have a 2008 CR-V with 240,000 miles and it's running great. I have used a lot of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 over the years. I do find however, that there is more consumption with PP than any other oil. I don't know if it is the natural gas base oil or something else but the dipstick doesn't lie. I would make sure your PCV is good and maybe try Castrol, Mobil 1 or something else of your choosing and see what happens. There seem to be many posts on here about increased consumption with PP so maybe there's something to it.

I was not aware of the PP usage issue. I have no problems with a 159K Camry 4 cyl.

Maybe its just a Honda thing.

Thanks for the reply's all. I think 4.5 qts of ST HM is where I'll start.
My oldest daughter's boyfriend's '14 Hyundai Santa Fe spent most of it's life on Pennzoil 5/20 conventional. Apparently it's got an small appetite for oil.....not terrible but it does burn some.

Since he's so far from home I've started helping him take care of it. I made the which from the recommended 5/20 to Meijer 5/30 HM synthetic (Warren produced SuperTech clone). So far he's put 2500 miles on it since the switch. Zero make up oil to this point. And it seems to have quieted the valve train some too.

I recommend the switch to 5/30 HM

My oldest daughter's boyfriend's '14 Hyundai Santa Fe spent most of it's life on Pennzoil 5/20 conventional. Apparently it's got an small appetite for oil.....not terrible but it does burn some.

Since he's so far from home I've started helping him take care of it. I made the which from the recommended 5/20 to Meijer 5/30 HM synthetic (Warren produced SuperTech clone). So far he's put 2500 miles on it since the switch. Zero make up oil to this point. And it seems to have quieted the valve train some too.

I recommend the switch to 5/30 HM
That might be a possible route to go except that in the upper midwest I need the 0W20 or 5W20 spec oil at this time of year. Honda even specifies 0W20 only in the OM.

Changing the pcv valve with an oem part and using Valvoline Maxlife solved my consumption issues in an older Honda Accord. The sooner you address it the better.

That might be a possible route to go except that in the upper midwest I need the 0W20 or 5W20 spec oil at this time of year. Honda even specifies 0W20 only in the OM.
Obviously do what you please, but the OM stating 0w-20 is simply CAFE nonsense. Other parts of the world spec up to 30 and 40 weight on this very same engine if you bother to look up their owners manuals. Cheers

Back