High mileage additives sold seperately from oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, I believe my valve seals are leaking a little. I was running M1 5w-30. Switched over to M15w-30 EP a while back. On this next change I'm giving PP 5w-30 a shot to see how I like it.

I would like to have some of the high mileage additives that will help swell or soften the seals a little but don't want to switch to an HM oil. Are there any additives that I can get seperately and add to the PP when I do my next change, without adversely affecting the oil itself?

Thanks for the info. I'll read up on it.

No one else has any suggestions? I know this isn't the only stuff out there someone has used before.

Well, there's always the "Mystery Goo Ball" lurking in Fram's HM filter.
grin2.gif

According to Fram, their "Industry exclusive, patented time-released gel additive conditions oil through the entire change cycle."
Whatever the heck that's supposed to mean!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Geonerd
Well, there's always the "Mystery Goo Ball" lurking in Fram's HM filter.
grin2.gif

According to Fram, their "Industry exclusive, patented time-released gel additive conditions oil through the entire change cycle."
Whatever the heck that's supposed to mean!
lol.gif

HAHA, I think I'll pass on that.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Valve seals? Maybe the stems and guides are worn.
In general, thicker oil helps burning/leaking - but at somewhat of a cost.

Well, the 4.6's aren't really known for the guides getting worn that quickly. I have however fixed a couple stangs with hard valve seals. I think mine are finally leaking. I really don't want to go any thicker than the 5w-30 M1EP I'm using now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back