High iron levels with Gold GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recent UOAs on my SAAB 9-5 2.3L LPT have shown elevated iron levels. I've also noticed high iron levels on UOAs for engines as diverse as a Mini Cooper S (1.6L supercharged), and a Camaro LS1.

Thoughts?

Quote:

you all had fuel dilution, that combined with the lack of friction modifiers seems to be the cause of the iron.

All of us had fuel dilution? What exactly does that mean?
I have the UOA for the MINI that I just posted a couple of days ago. Are you telling me that from my report I have fuel dilution? Does anyone here know why my iron is higher?

Thanks

That iron is your engine slowly dissolving.....
shocked.gif

Quote:

Quote:

you all had fuel dilution, that combined with the lack of friction modifiers seems to be the cause of the iron.

I have the UOA for the MINI that I just posted a couple of days ago. Are you telling me that from my report I have fuel dilution? Does anyone here know why my iron is higher?

Thanks

I did see your report. If it were mine, I would be concerned also. As you can tell, all that you will get here is free advice. And if it were me, I would enlist some professional help. Terry Dyson maybe?

my latest M06 VOA showed only 1ppm iron. the VQ35 engine im currently using had 11ppm iron after only 3200 miles using dealership oil. trace amount of fuel.

im running GC + 5oz VSOT in it now for 7500 miles, and would expect 27ppm iron.

will tell you how it turns out in 6000 miles!

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

I did see your report. If it were mine, I would be concerned also. As you can tell, all that you will get here is free advice. And if it were me, I would enlist some professional help. Terry Dyson maybe?

If I start charging will you grant me more credibility. ;-)

Do a VOA on a bottle from the same batch and see how much Fe you are starting with.

Last edited:
PS If you are using these batches please do not also take iron supplements. You will get TOO MUCH iron. You may continue to take Chromium, Tin and Nickel supplements.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
PS If you are using these batches please do not also take iron supplements. You will get TOO MUCH iron. You may continue to take Chromium, Tin and Nickel supplements.

This thread is 6 years old.
tired.gif

Originally Posted By: dparm
tired.gif

And pscholte has been gone for about 5. He's catching up on anything GC related.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
tired.gif

And pscholte has been gone for about 5. He's catching up on anything GC related.
smile.gif

Well that makes sense lol

Except that it's not even the same GC he remembers. It's just another hydrocracked 0w30.

The elves are going to haul you into their lair and torture you for such heresy.

Originally Posted By: pscholte

tired.gif

Old threads...old threads...people keep dogging me about old threads...I love old threads: my Nehru jacket, my bell bottoms, my double thick turtlenecks...sheesh! What's not to love. :)

The Elves told me I look wunderbar...so there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back