High Calcium/No Magnesium, High Moly 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Davejam
Eneos has made good products, but they seem to be hard to get and/or expensive.
Amazon will ship a box of them to you. Not very cheap though.
The new Rotella Gas Truck 0w20 dexos1 is very good and has double the moly that Mobil1 AFE 0w20 has. Walmart has it. $10 rebate from Shell-Rotella too.

Originally Posted by Davejam
Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by OilUzer
Doesn't zerpo EM 0W20 have high Noack also? iirc, their 5Wx30 Noack is %14.x ... I considered the 5W30 once but the Noack was too high for that price!
Like the high moly.

Extremely high NOACK and a very high VI.

This is true, but so what? Have not experienced any loss of oil, dipstick stays at the same line on 8,000mi oil changes.

These attributes will result in a higher level of piston ring deposits. VII is known to increase the likelihood of developing piston ring deposits.

Here are the UOAs. Also VOA that another poster had posted on here some while ago (Forget who to give credit to).
I should caution that i'm adding some ZDDP for the last 1,500 mi of the interval, but doing so reasonably. I don't really want to discuss that logic here.
I started out alternating between adding ZDDP and MoS2, but given the oil has high Moly the MoS2 seems unnecessary so I stopped using MoS2.

I understand the point on Noack, and would prefer something lower. But like the point of the thread i'm finding it hard to find an alternative.

The main issue at hand is in a vehicle that is not concerned with LSPI a Calcium detergent package seems optimal.
Also, there seems to be evidence that the organic moly at higher levels is superior for timing chain wear compared to Trinuclear Moly at lower levels. This point may be debatable.

Either way QSUD seems to always have higher relative moly, so i'm considering that. And then M1 EP seems to be a favorite on here so that is also a candidate.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I went with Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20.

It did not seem that I could get my hands on QSUD in 0W-20. And I didn't want to go to the dark side that is M1...
I will post UOA in several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back