Hiflofiltro oil filters. Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a 6 pack of them for my dads raptor atv off ebay. comparing them to the OEM yamaha filter, they seem to be identical in all aspects except the cost.

yamaha oem filter: $13 hiflowfiltro:$4

I also use them im my atv. I can't tell the difference between the 5 dollar hi flow filtro and the 18 dollar k&n filters I was using.

I've been using them for a while. The guys who run the cycle parts shop I go to swear by them. Cheaper than OEM and (to my untrained eye) look just as good.

According to that site it's a K&N. Everyone seems to thing K&N motorcycle filters are great.

I guess the issue is what's available to me. And I don't have that many choices. When it comes to Suzuki it seems to be as good as I can get

I don't want to take credit. I got it from the Hondashadow.net forums... since I have a Honda Shadow now. I got it on a trade, and now I'm loving the gas mileage, and easy driveability feeling. I hope I don't get killed on it... I drive cautiously. And, I try and take good care of it... so it would be a shame to waste a good Purolator Pure One and half a jug of Rotella-T 15w-40. And the Bel-Ray chain lube.

I passed the info on to some of my friends. It's nice to know I can get a better quality filter and spend less money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back