HID headlights ??

Most likely you would notice a bluish hue to the light output.

It looks like depending on equipment you may or may not have them, appears they were bundled with a package.

Equipment Group 101A​

INCLUDES: [D*] Premium Perforated Leather Surfaced Bucket Seats D*; [C*] Premium Perforated Leather Surfaced Bucket Seats C*; Premium Pkg; Blind-Spot Information System w/Cross-Traffic Alert; HID Adaptive Headlamps; Premium Perforated Leather Surfaced Bucket Seats; Heated Power Tilt & Telescoping Steering Wheel; Rain-Sensing W/S Wipers; Polished Aluminum Wheels; Ambient Lighting; Memory Steering Wheel; Dual Heated Power w/Turn Signals Mirrors; R/V Camera; Illuminated Front Scuff Plates; Heated Rear Seats

Try popping the hood and see if you have high voltage warnings stickers. On my Mercedes it has a couple stickers near the headlights warning about high voltage.

Halogen bulbs light up immediately to full brightness, HID take a few seconds to warm up and become fully bright. They may flicker and change color during the warm up time.

Owners manual is good to check too. On the two vehicles I’ve known with them, neither was user-replaceable per the manual.

Owners manual is good to check too. On the two vehicles I’ve known with them, neither was user-replaceable per the manual.
They say that, but it’s not hard. My Durango’s manual said to take it to the dealer, but there are access holes in the wheel wells and they’re no harder to remove than a halogen bulb. Some cars do require removing the front bumper and/or grille though, like my Ram.

Back