Hi. My name is Brian and I am a motor oil hoarding addict.

My wife said that I have an oil hoarding problem and that I need help. Confession is apparently the first step of the recovery process.

I have 130 quarts in storage. Between our two cars, we typically use about 25 quarts a year. That would mean I only have a 5 year stash, which I feel is not enough.

Any others out there that wish to join me in this "Motor Oil Hoarders Anonymous" meeting? :)

Well I use 60qts+/year for the fleet and I have about 140-150qt right now so not too bad.
I wasnt going to buy anymore but it was hard to pass on 10 5qt jugs of Pennzoil platinum at 40cents/qt
5 months after I bought 30 jugs of rotella gas truck for around 5qt

I did liquidate the motul 300v "power racing" 2 liter metal cans to a good home @Sam_Julier

Still looking for a good deal on diesel 15w40 oil but I have enough for 2022 currently.

"MOHA" is an exclusive club!! Right now you are in the baby steps. Trust me on that. I repair/maintain mowers, farm equipment, and a few cars/trucks. I stock up through the year preparing for the big purge. Grease too!! 5 gallon containers of grease/oil are not enough!!! I once read of Delo 30wt on sale at Autozone many years ago on this site. I went in to the store with "THE" upc code for my big purchase. I told the clerk what I was looking for and the clerk looked it up and said " I have to check the back room." She returned with 19 gallons of those pretty blue bottles. 3 dollars a piece!! I was hooked!! BITOG has been good to me!!

I have 130 quarts in storage.
HAH! That's bush league. Got twice that in one order from Walmart.

Mobil oil bought 8-2021.JPG

I started hoarding and got to about 100 litres before I realised it was pointless. There's always deals and I always want to try new oils and fluids which was an issue when you had stock of old.

Hopefully by the end of this year I'd have used my entire stock up and plan to just buy when required.

...But I save so much time not needing to drive a few miles to the store when I need to change the oil all the cars. And I save $2 whole bucks on very change!
Then your deals arent good enough. I am at 50% or less than walmart prices.. let alone the local auto parts.

Oil change on the hemi 7qt + wix filter =$14
walmart around 30-32

That was RTS clearance closeout at AAP.

If I used the PP I got at walmart it would have been $6.50 for the 7qts oil+filter.

I can understand not wanting to keep it around though.. its a slippery slope.

HAHA, just did an oil change on the Insight. Less than $6 including Honda filter.
Since we are bragging, Just did an oil change on the jeep $5.23 including wix filter.

The hemi was with widely available oil.. not price mistake.

Then your deals arent good enough. I am at 50% or less than walmart prices.. let alone the local auto parts.

Oil change on the hemi 7qt + wix filter =$14
walmart around 30-32

That was RTS clearance closeout at AAP.

If I used the PP I got at walmart it would have been $6.50 for the 7qts oil+filter.

I can understand not wanting to keep it around though.. its a slippery slope.
I'm still working through my RTS stash... I thought I didn't need my sarcasm emoji

With my 8 jugs and a few single quarts (all purchased with rebate & sales) I’m not even in the same league as you guys. On the plus side, I’ve got enough to last about 3 years, so I shouldn’t have to buy any oil at the current, inflated prices.
I even have a jug of 5w-30 to cover my OPE.

My wife said that I have an oil hoarding problem and that I need help. Confession is apparently the first step of the recovery process.

I have 130 quarts in storage. Between our two cars, we typically use about 25 quarts a year. That would mean I only have a 5 year stash, which I feel is not enough.

Any others out there that wish to join me in this "Motor Oil Hoarders Anonymous" meeting? :)
Hi Brian.

Back