Hi mileage Altima rear pads

Just serviced my friend's '15 Altima, 143K, rear brakes. This is a well used Hertz rental purchase. I got it with 80K.
I have done nothing but regular services; the car has been great.
It is possible the rear brakes are original; I can't know for sure.
What was odd was the wear indicators were both broken at the bend. So no warning noise was possible from either of them.
There was starting to be noise from the inboard driver side as the pad was worn down to the metal.

But these were perhaps the easiest brakes I have ever worked on. Simple.
The Centric ceramic pads were like $15 from Mr. Bezos' little mail order company.
Beyond a fluid flush, I will likely never touch these again. Who knows?

The wear tabs are very soft. Once they contact the rotor, they will break off within few weeks if the issue is not addressed.

Edit: if the rear pads had stainless steel shims, they would have been original.

That is amazing if the rears were factory and lasted that long.

I have yet to get a set of Nissan factory rear pads and rotors to go more than a few years and maybe 30K miles at best. That's how it was for our 2016 Quest, 2019 Pathfinder and all my in-laws Rogues anyway.

That's rust belt vs CA for you.

I know you've done CVT spill and fills on it. Have you ever attempted the filters on the CVT? Just curious.

I know you've done CVT spill and fills on it. Have you ever attempted the filters on the CVT? Just curious.
No filter service. I will do another CVT spill and fill next oil change. Easy peasy.
I really don't know if the rear pads are original. Probably not. But it was pretty darn easy.

Back