Hey, the green GC isn't so unique...I found another green oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose MOTUL X-cess 5W-40 as my summer oil. It's a really good, shear-stable PAO. And guess what? The oil has the same deep emerald green tint when looking through the opening at an angle. Maybe it has something to do w/ the PAO's. Maybe they are similar formulations. Or maybe the elves vacation in France or have some relatives their. Or maybe some German elf spies STOLE the green concotion from the trusting and lubrilogically advanced French elves. Hmmmmmm
nono.gif
BTW, I idn't use the Silkolene because it didn't carry the 502 spec and I figured if I didn't like the T&S, why bother w/ a similar oil. Sorry to have bugged you guys.
smile.gif

[ June 01, 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: V8Blitz ]

quote:

Originally posted by williar:
The green colour has been around a long time, IIRC. I remember green-tinted oil being sold in glass bottles in the '50s, such as Shell 40-wt bulk.

What about the elf family/spy theory?

Kendall GT1 used to be green too.

I don't know if the current Kendall GT1 is still green but their GT1 5w-40 synthetic is rated as BMW LL01 approved. If I could find it I would try it in my BMW.

quote:

Originally posted by shanneba:
Kendall GT1 used to be green too.

I don't know if the current Kendall GT1 is still green but their GT1 5w-40 synthetic is rated as BMW LL01 approved. If I could find it I would try it in my BMW.

Do you think the green tint has anything to do w/ the PAO's? I haven't heard of any ester based oils having this color. Or maybe it is the combination of PAO and ester.

quote:

Originally posted by V8Blitz:
Or maybe some German elf spies STOLE the green concotion from the trusting and lubrilogically advanced French elves. Hmmmmmm
nono.gif

v8...,

I don't know how old or how big you are but YOU DESERVE A GOOD SPANKING FOR THOSE WORDS!
twak.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by V8Blitz:
Or maybe some German elf spies STOLE the green concotion from the trusting and lubrilogically advanced French elves. Hmmmmmm
nono.gif

v8...,

I don't know how old or how big you are but YOU DESERVE A GOOD SPANKING FOR THOSE WORDS!
twak.gif

Sorry, pscholte. You know I didn't mean that. Sometimes you say things that you wish you could just take back. I meant the frenchie elves stole it from the germans. They probably sent a Brigitte Bardeaux little fox elf spy over there and "coerced" the formula out of Klaus VonCastrol.

Castrol's Transmax Z (PAO/ester ATF, Euro sourced) ia also green, as is Texaco's Cold Climate PAS 14315 PSF.
Nothing to do with the bases or adds, its just colouring.

Molakule posted a Q a while back for us to guess what was the single most expensive component per mass in oil. Turned out to be the colouring dye(per gallon), they just use very little of it !

quote:

Do you think the green tint has anything to do w/ the PAO's? I haven't heard of any ester based oils having this color. Or maybe it is the combination of PAO and ester.

PAO and esters are water clear liquids.

It's the dye Watson, it's the dye.

[/qb][/QUOTE]v8...,

twak.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

You are too KIND...i was thinking of a dunking in some oil heated to about 213 degrees...you know, just a quick in and out..dont want to kill him, just let it burn the other layer of skin and hair off. I would of course use a NON-DETERGENT oil...something i used in my old oil burner chevy 307...re-refined it stated proudly right on the label...

The ELVES would rejoice when we did this!!!!!
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LVHospiceRN:

v8...,

twak.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

You are too KIND...i was thinking of a dunking in some oil heated to about 213 degrees...you know, just a quick in and out..dont want to kill him, just let it burn the other layer of skin and hair off. I would of course use a NON-DETERGENT oil...something i used in my old oil burner chevy 307...re-refined it stated proudly right on the label...

The ELVES would rejoice when we did this!!!!!
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

U B a tough guy...for sure!

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:

quote:

PAO and esters are water clear liquids.

It's the dye Watson, it's the dye.

So a dye could stand up to the temps, pressure and destructive environment of a car engine? It doesn't break-down and form some type of residue? If they are using dyes to color the oils then I vote for a hot pink or fuscia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back